What's new

Need serious help jailbreaking

cbaca

Reaction score
I have an iPhone 4s with a version of 5.1

I have searched for hours with no success on jailbreaking it. My friend said its impossible at this point.

I tried to upgrade to 5.1.1 but my phone says the next version it will upgrade to is 6.0.1 and I don't want to do that because I don't like the update

Any help?

Is there anything I can do to jailbreak my phone?

Also note I'm not a real expert at this lol (although I did jailbreak my old itouch 4)

You cannot jailbreak the iPhone 4S or iPad 2 on iOS 5.1 at all. All other devices can be jailbroken but it's a tethered jailbreak. The only way for you to upgrade your iPhone to iOS 5.1.1 now is to have the SHSH blobs saved on Cydia's servers, which would require that your iPhone be jailbroken at iOS 5.0.1 and that you opened Cydia at least once during the signing period of iOS 5.1.1. Other than that, you can't do anything but restore to iOS 6.0.1.

You cannot jailbreak the iPhone 4S or iPad 2 on iOS 5.1 at all. All other devices can be jailbroken but it's a tethered jailbreak. The only way for you to upgrade your iPhone to iOS 5.1.1 now is to have the SHSH blobs saved on Cydia's servers, which would require that your iPhone be jailbroken at iOS 5.0.1 and that you opened Cydia at least once during the signing period of iOS 5.1.1. Other than that, you can't do anything but restore to iOS 6.0.1.

Yeah that's kinda what my friend said.

Damn :/

Well thanks anyways man. Appreciate it :)

Is it possible to update to 6.0.1 then downgrade to 5.0.1 or 5.1.1???

No. The 4S cannot be downgraded. The only thing you can do with a 4S is re-restore, which requires that you're running on iOS 5.X and have blobs for any iOS 5.X. Again the only way you can retrieve them now is if you have them on Cydia's servers or if you have them manually saved and retrieved from Apple. Downgrading requires blobs, regardless of device type, it's just a matter of limitations.