What's new

Jailbreaking basic question

Balush

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have a basic question about jailbreaking. I have an Iphone 4 jailbroken on 5.1.1 and i want to do an upgrade to 6.0.1 with itunes and want to jailbreak again with all of my actual apps and tweaks.

-Did the jailbreak for 6.0.1 for Iphone 4 unthethered works properly?
-If i do a backup from itunes will the data (sms, pictures, contacts...) will be saved ?
-Did the jailbreaking process delete all the data on my iphone?

Thank you in advance :)

Hi everyone,

I have a basic question about jailbreaking. I have an Iphone 4 jailbroken on 5.1.1 and i want to do an upgrade to 6.0.1 with itunes and want to jailbreak again with all of my actual apps and tweaks.

-If i do a backup from itunes will the data (sms, pictures, contacts...) will be saved ?

- There isn't an untethered Jailbreak for your iPhone 4 on iOS 6.0.1... Tethered only.
- Your iTunes backup will save all the non-Jailbreak data and information on your iPhone 4. However, going up in iOS versions and restoring to a backup from a Jailbroken lower iOS version could have the potention for corruption.
- Jailbreaking won't delete data from your iPhone... only botched Jailbreaking attempts that result in restoring w/o a backup will delete info from your iPhone.

Hi everyone,

- Nope. But if one is released or any news comes up, it'll be updated here.
http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/i...i-jailbreak-my-iphone-ios-x-x-x-thread-51577/

-Yes. But I don't entirely trust iTunes because I've had a few times when I tried to backup and I thought it backed up everything, and I ended up losing the important data. My recommendation is to manually root into your iPhone using SSH, or iFunbox/iExplorer, and manually back them up onto your computer as individual files.

-Nope. Think of jailbreaking as applying a new look to your device. All it does is open and close a few security ports and change a few things in your system files. There's no deleting of data in your device

- Nope. But if one is released or any news comes up, it'll be updated here.
http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/i...i-jailbreak-my-iphone-ios-x-x-x-thread-51577/

-Yes. But I don't entirely trust iTunes because I've had a few times when I tried to backup and I thought it backed up everything, and I ended up losing the important data. My recommendation is to manually root into your iPhone using SSH, or iFunbox/iExplorer, and manually back them up onto your computer as individual files.

-Nope. Think of jailbreaking as applying a new look to your device. All it does is open and close a few security ports and change a few things in your system files. There's no deleting of data in your device

Thank you for your reply, how to do that?

-
There isn't an untethered Jailbreak for your iPhone 4 on iOS 6.0.1... Tethered only.
- Your iTunes backup will save all the non-Jailbreak data and information on your iPhone 4. However, going up in iOS versions and restoring to a backup from a Jailbroken lower iOS version could have the potention for corruption.
- Jailbreaking won't delete data from your iPhone... only botched Jailbreaking attempts that result in restoring w/o a backup will delete info from your iPhone.

Following the link it seems that the 6.0.0 is the last version to accept unthethered jailbreak? I tried to restore iPhone from 6.0.0 ispw but i have an error.

Thank you too for your quick reply :). But i not understand part part?

If you read, that only applies for the 3GS on an old bootrom and certain new bootrom 3GS. The 4 does not have an untethered jailbreak. You can't restore to iOS 6.0 if you don't have the blobs to stitch with.