What's new

Need help to jailbreak iphone 4s

agjain

Reaction score
Should I update iPhone 4s A(5) version 5.1 to 5.1.1 or 6.0.1 to jailbreak it?

Last edited:
Should I update iPhone 4s A(5) version 5.1 to 5.1.1 or 6.0.1 to jailbreak it?
The 4S cannot be JB on iOS 6.0+. Therefore, you're only option would be "re-restoring" to iOS 5.1.1.... ONLY IF you have 5.1.1 SHSH's saved for your iDevice.

There's no jailbreak for A5+ on iOS 6 or above at this point, only on pre-A5 devices. Upgrade to iOS 5.1.1 assuming you have the SHSH blobs saved for it and jailbreak it there.

Its a new phone and has not been used at all. Can I download 5.1.1 from somewhere?

Its a new phone and has not been used at all. Can I download 5.1.1 from somewhere?
Then unfortunately you're stuck. You'll need SHSH's (Apple's virtual signature) to re-restore to iOS 5.1.1. And that's just not possible in your case.

If it's a new phone, then you can't restore it to iOS 5.1.1 because you won't have the blobs saved, so you're stuck on iOS 5.1 and/or iOS 6.0.1.

Thanks for your replies guys. Actually the phone is locked to O2 UK and I cannot unlock it officially as I am not in UK. Is there any way to unlock the phone without jailbreak?

You can't unlock the 4S without a Gevey SIM or an IMEI unlock. Jailbroken or not, that doesn't affect the 4S' ability to be unlocked or not. Only the iPhone 4 on baseband 01.59.00 and any iPhone before it are capable of being unlocked after being jailbroken. You can still buy the IMEI unlock for the 4S wherever you are, since all that counts is the phone's origin and what type it is.