What's new

I need your help Jailbreak experts!!

Joppy371

Reaction score
Hello jailbreak experts!
I'm going to jailbreak my iPhone 4 (5.1.1). I don't know much about it but I have heard that you have to be very careful when jailbreaking your iPhone.
One thing I have heard is that you can't allways remove jailbreaks, but I want a jailbreak that you can safly remove without your iPhone getting messed up..

Your tips would really help me and I would be happy if you told me what important things I need to know befor jailbreaking.

Please I really need your help!!

Thanks, Joppy371.

It's not hard. I personally use Absinthe 2.0.4 to jailbreak my iPhone 4 on 5.1.1. All you do is download and save Absinthe 2.0.4 from greenpoison's website and then extract it somewhere on your computer, then click the extracted file green icon and it will install, there will be a new folder named absinthe 2.0.4 right there now, when you open that there will be another green icon you will click to jailbreak but not yet!, restore in iTunes, set up as new device NOT AS BACKUP, once it's restored leave it plugged in and don't touch the phone at all, click that green icon now and click the "jailbreak" button once it loads and detects your phone. Let it do it's thing for a couple minutes. Then it will say its done and you're all finished and your device is jailbroken. And the jailbreak can be removed at any time by doing a restore in iTunes. There's really no risk during the jailbreak process if you follow my steps. It's really easy.

Sent from my Sprint iPhone 4

Chris951 said:
It's not hard. I personally use Absinthe 2.0.4 to jailbreak my iPhone 4 on 5.1.1. All you do is download and save Absinthe 2.0.4 from greenpoison's website and then extract it somewhere on your computer, then click the extracted file green icon and it will install, there will be a new folder named absinthe 2.0.4 right there now, when you open that there will be another green icon you will click to jailbreak but not yet!, restore in iTunes, set up as new device NOT AS BACKUP, once it's restored leave it plugged in and don't touch the phone at all, click that green icon now and click the "jailbreak" button once it loads and detects your phone. Let it do it's thing for a couple minutes. Then it will say its done and you're all finished and your device is jailbroken. And the jailbreak can be removed at any time by doing a restore in iTunes. There's really no risk during the jailbreak process if you follow my steps. It's really easy.

Thanks dude I will try that! Sorry for asking but i have to know.. do you have to jailbreak and restore your iPhone at the same computer? And are sure this works on all iPhone 4 (5.1.1) because my friend told me that it doesn't work on all.

Please reply, Thanks!

You can jailbreak any device running 5.1.1, and it is ALWAYS reversible, there is no way to brick an iPhone and it is 100% legal. You have nothing to worry about. And no, you do not have to jailbreak and restore your device from the same computer, you can jailbreak on any computer you want and you can restore on any computer you want.

Hello jailbreak experts!
I'm going to jailbreak my iPhone 4 (5.1.1). I don't know much about it but I have heard that you have to be very careful when jailbreaking your iPhone.
One thing I have heard is that you can't allways remove jailbreaks, but I want a jailbreak that you can safly remove without your iPhone getting messed up..

Your tips would really help me and I would be happy if you told me what important things I need to know befor jailbreaking.

Please I really need your help!!

Thanks, Joppy371.
Jailbreaking but are not sure?
[URL="http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/hacking-tutorials-guides-68/what-jailbreaking-15928/"]What is jailbreaking?

[/URL]

Thanks dude I will try that! Sorry for asking but i have to know.. do you have to jailbreak and restore your iPhone at the same computer? And are sure this works on all iPhone 4 (5.1.1) because my friend told me that it doesn't work on all.

Please reply, Thanks!

Absinthe 2.04 works on *all 5.1.1* devices. If the device has iOS 5.1.1....Then it will work.

I personally recommend redsn0w. It is faster then Absinthe for some reason.

Just long as you do as the above poster said...Restore device, setup as new device and NOT from backup, then you should be good.

This is what i would do.

Before restoring:
Transfer purchases to iTunes, right click on devices name in iTunes and click "Transfer Purchases".
make sure Contacts is toggled on in Settings> iCloud. (also make sure that no other email account has Contacts toggled on. You will want to make sure you choose to "Use iCloud" when you setup the phone, and when you add more email accounts, if any, make sure that you toggle Contacts off". Only iCloud should have contacts toggled on, which is automatically enabled when you choose "Use iCloud" when setting up the phone after restore)
Anything toggled on in Settings> iCloud will be restored back to your phone even if you setup as new device.

Restore:
Restore in iTunes to 5.1.1, be sure to setup as new device and NOT from backup. After restore, follow the initial on screen setup until you get to the SpringBoard(home screen). Don't do "anything" once you can see the SpringBoard.
In iTunes, choose "setup as new device" click Next.
Make sure "Automatically sync apps" is *unchecked*.
Click done.
Let iTunes download Safari safe browsing data...wait til its done.
Close iTunes.

Open redsn0w, which you can get it from here: Dev-Team Blog

Click the jailbreak button.

Do not touch your device until the phone reboots, and then resprings after it has rebooted.

After that, your done.

now sync music, tones, videos, etc. Download apps from the AppStore instead of syncing them from iTunes. dont have to, but I think it makes the jailbreak more stable.

After that you can open Cydia. let it load completely before doing anything. Might wnat to set autolock to "Never' before opening Cydia.

Once Cydia is fully loaded, you can start installing tweaks n stuff. I recommend you search and install Mobile Substrate first before anything.

Be *EXTREMELY CAREFUL* in Manage> Packages. If you uninstall the wrong package(like a package that will remove "Cydia Installer"), then you will be screwed and you will have to restore.

Every time you go to uninstall a package, check the list to make sure that "Cydia Installer" or "Mobile Substrate" is NOT on the list. But that is for future reference.

Do not install *anything* that does not specifically say that it is iOS 5.1 compatible in the packages description.

Its all common sense really, but mistakes happen. All that is needed to enjoy a nice stable jailbroken device is common sense and *paying attention* to what you are doing. That is all.

Enjoy.

Absinthe 2.04 works on *all 5.1.1* devices. If the device has iOS 5.1.1....Then it will work.

I personally recommend redsn0w. It is faster then Absinthe for some reason.

Just long as you do as the above poster said...Restore device, setup as new device and NOT from backup, then you should be good.

This is what i would do.

Before restoring:
Transfer purchases to iTunes, right click on devices name in iTunes and click "Transfer Purchases".
make sure Contacts is toggled on in Settings> iCloud. (also make sure that no other email account has Contacts toggled on. You will want to make sure you choose to "Use iCloud" when you setup the phone, and when you add more email accounts, if any, make sure that you toggle Contacts off". Only iCloud should have contacts toggled on, which is automatically enabled when you choose "Use iCloud" when setting up the phone after restore)
Anything toggled on in Settings> iCloud will be restored back to your phone even if you setup as new device.

Restore:
Restore in iTunes to 5.1.1, be sure to setup as new device and NOT from backup. After restore, follow the initial on screen setup until you get to the SpringBoard(home screen). Don't do "anything" once you can see the SpringBoard.
In iTunes, choose "setup as new device" click Next.
Make sure "Automatically sync apps" is *unchecked*.
Click done.
Let iTunes download Safari safe browsing data...wait til its done.
Close iTunes.

Open redsn0w, which you can get it from here: Dev-Team Blog

Click the jailbreak button.

Do not touch your device until the phone reboots, and then resprings after it has rebooted.

After that, your done.

now sync music, tones, videos, etc. Download apps from the AppStore instead of syncing them from iTunes. dont have to, but I think it makes the jailbreak more stable.

After that you can open Cydia. let it load completely before doing anything. Might wnat to set autolock to "Never' before opening Cydia.

Once Cydia is fully loaded, you can start installing tweaks n stuff. I recommend you search and install Mobile Substrate first before anything.

Be *EXTREMELY CAREFUL* in Manage> Packages. If you uninstall the wrong package(like a package that will remove "Cydia Installer"), then you will be screwed and you will have to restore.

Every time you go to uninstall a package, check the list to make sure that "Cydia Installer" or "Mobile Substrate" is NOT on the list. But that is for future reference.

Do not install *anything* that does not specifically say that it is iOS 5.1 compatible in the packages description.

Its all common sense really, but mistakes happen. All that is needed to enjoy a nice stable jailbroken device is common sense and *paying attention* to what you are doing. That is all.

Enjoy.

What are the benefits to redsn0w over absinthe? What do you mean by its "faster"? I'm being completely serious, I've only ever used absinthe on my iPhone.

Chris951 said:
What are the benefits to redsn0w over absinthe? What do you mean by its "faster"? I'm being completely serious, I've only ever used absinthe on my iPhone.

What I am referring to by "faster" is the backup/restore jailbreak process.

Don't get me wrong...Absinthe is a quick jailbreak ...but redsn0w just seems to do it faster then Absinthe...I don't know why.

And the only reason I suggest Redsn0w over Absinthe beside the *slightly* speedier jailbreak process, is that redsn0w has a lot more to offer...where as all Absinthe does is one thing...and that's jailbreak.

Thanks everyone it worked!! But my iPhone went slower and it started lagging some times so I removed it.

Does anyone know how to make it faster??

Thanks.

Thanks everyone it worked!! But my iPhone went slower and it started lagging some times so I removed it.

The act of jailbreaking, itself, will not cause any performance loss. Where you can run into trouble is by installing too many tweaks, installing tweaks that are incompatible with one-another or by installing tweaks that are not supported by your firmware/device combination. Once you jailbreak, just make sure to research any tweaks/apps before installing them to ensure that they are compatible with your device and with eachother.

Zig is the all-knowing when it comes to this.