What's new

How to return to stock? 3GS

b3ndik

Reaction score
Hi

I have a 3GS with iOS 5.1 and 06.15.00 baseband. The problem is that it is a tethered jailbreak. I wan't to either get it back to stock (does not need to be unlocked anymore), or jailbreak it to be untethered. I have tried Rocky Racoon, but it only works with 5.1.1. I didn't dare to just restore it due to the fact it is not the default baseband. What is safe to do to get it untethered/back to stock?

Thanks for any replies.

Upgrade to iOS 5.1.1 and perform an untethered jailbreak.

Download the iOS 5.1.1 IPSW for the iPhone 3GS. Download RedSn0w 0.9.15 beta 3. Run RedSn0w as admin, go to Extras > Select IPSW and point it to the IPSW you downloaded. Then click Back, Jailbreak, then tick only "Downgrade baseband" and click Next. You'll be downgraded to 05.13.04 baseband. Now you're safe to restore.

Run RedSn0w as admin, then go to Extras > Even More > Restore. Select IPSW and point it to the IPSW you downloaded. Then for blobs, click Remote, and the stitching should start. It'll then show up prompts saying your device will update its baseband and that everything will be wiped, etc etc. Agree and progress. Follow the on-screen instructions and you'll be restored to iOS 5.1.1. Once restored, you should be in recovery mode. Use a Recovery Fix to kick the 3GS out of recovery mode.

Run RedSn0w again, then go to Extras > Select IPSW and select the iOS 5.1.1 IPSW you chose before. Click Back, then Jailbreak. Tick "Install Cydia", "Deactivate" and "Install/Flash iPad Baseband". Follow the on-screen instructions. Once you're booted up, install UltraSn0w in Cydia. You should now be on iOS 5.1.1, jailbroken and unlocked.