What's new

3GS Problems are getting anoying now! :(

Epicness2

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am having huge problems with my IPhone 3GS running 5.1.1 Rocky Racoon. Its on baseband 06.15.00 and i think this may be the cause of my problems as i have read up that its a baseband for the ipad.

The following are some of the problems i am having:
  • Phone turns off when making/reciving calls.
    • Once off, i have to use the charger to reboot as it will boot for about 10 seonds than turn back off again.
  • Signal will drop when entering an app that uses the internet.
    • When i leave the app, the signal will come back
  • The battery is draining very fast.
    • Used to last about 2 days,now will struggle with a day.
This is realy anoying as i can no longer use it as a phone. I have tried to use Redsn0w to downgrade the baseband back to the iphone one but it gets all the way to the phone code on the screen and errors.

I realy want my phone back so could you please help. I dont want to lose anything (no rejailbreaking) but if the worst come to the worst i will have to.

Thanks in advance

Epicness2

Baseband does not affect the battery nor does it affect your signal. You can only downgrade the iPad Baseband on the old bootrom 3GS. If you're getting errors when downgrading the baseband, then it's more than likely a new bootrom. You can check this out by looking for the serial of the device to see whether the header is MB or MC.

Check what iOS blobs you have. You may or may not have iOS 6 blobs for your device depending on whether or not you used iSHSHit or RedSn0w or TinyUmbrella to save your blobs rather than relying on Cydia's old/bad auto caching which does not have APTickets. Open up Cydia, on the main page, head towards TSS Center, and check what blobs are listed on the top. You should have 5.1.1 most likely, but see which iOS 6 blobs you have.

Depending on the blobs you have, I'd recommend restoring a fresh iOS on it and see if it causes any issues still. You can use Cydia tweaks such as xBackup or PKGBackup to save your tweaks and settings so that once you've restored and rejailbroken, you can simply reinstall the backup utility again, and open up the backup archive that was made by the tweak that you've saved onto your computer prior to restoring, meaning you backed up all your tweaks, restored, and restored all your tweaks back on without having to go through them one by one.

Alternatively, you can try using ILEX RAT's option 12 to remove everything from your device (stock and jailbroken) except the jailbreak itself, leaving your device in a "fresh out of box" state but jailbroken.