What's new

Unlocked iPhone 3GS cant get by activation stage :(

lavery

Reaction score
I have a iPhone 3GS, which was locked to the o2 the UK network carrier.

I was in Thailand and got someone there to unlock it so i can use one of there carriers.
When i got home i updated it and put my normal o2 sim card in it and now it doesnt get by the activation stage when i turn it on :(.

I have been reading up on this and think it may be a baseband problem by i'm not sure.

I have used TinyUmbrella and found this information:

Installed firmware version: 6.0.1
Installed baseband version: 06.15.00-6.4_M3S2

I have a iPhone 4 which is on Orange.

Installed firmware version: 6.0.1
Installed baseband version: 04.12.02-ICE_2_13

When i plug my iPhone 5 in it does not show me any information about the baseband.

Any help would be appreciated. I am pretty good at this stuff so if you need more info let me know.

So which phone we specifically talking about. You start off with the 3GS that was unlocked and no longer works, then you throw in the iPhone 4 and 5.

Hi sorry about that. It is the 3GS :)

Did you update OTA or through iTunes. And check if you still have UltraSn0w on your device anywhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 

It was updated using iTunes. I cant get into the device to see if anything is still on it.

When switch on the phone shows up as a new phone. I get to pick my Country, WI-Fi and then it tries to activate, which it fails.

Ahhh. Did you restore your backup? And is your O2 SIM active?

No was just setting up as a new phone as i was going to sell it on. Yeah the 02 sim is active. Tried a few now none of them work.

If thats the case, you'll have to jailbreak it using RedSn0w to keep it from asking you to activate it

I have tried that, i put the phone in DFU mode, then it gives me this.

Missing Keys.plist data for this build:

Device: iPhone 3GS
ECID: 2159462710574
Build: iPhone2,1_6.0.1_10A523

Update. Used redsnow to restore the phone to 6.0.1. I now have access to the phone.

I do not want it jailbroken, i used want to set it up as a normal phone. When i go into setting to do the update to 6.1 it downloads it and tries to install but i get an error just before the end.

When you jailbreak, you need to select the iOS 6.0 IPSW......

I have selected iOS 6.0.1, which worked and got me access to the phone. Now I can't update to 6.1 and I still don't get any signal.

Another update, tried to jailbreak it but got he missing Missing Keys.plist data for this build again. Also downgraded it to 6.0 and tried to jailbreak it and got the same error.

It doesn't matter what iOS 6 iOS you're trying to jailbreak, you MUST choose the iOS 6.0 IPSW when jailbreak. Go to RedSn0w > Extras > Select IPSW, point it to the iOS 6.0 IPSW, click back, click Jailbreak, DFU your device, tick the appropriate boxes and continue. The only way to get a Missing keys.plist error is if you're using the wrong IPSW.

Let me break it down for you:

If your device is on iOS 6.0, select the iOS 6.0 IPSW

If your device is on iOS 6.0.1, select the iOS 6.0 IPSW

If your device is on iOS 6.1, select the iOS 6.0 IPSW

Until there's a release of an iOS that patches the Evasi0n exploit, you'll still be using the iOS 6.0 IPSW.