What's new

jailbroken IPhone 3gs cant unlock

garocarp

Reaction score
Hi, Ive got a jailbroken 3GS, OS 6.1 (10B141) and modem firmware 06.15.00, it is untethered (ive installed the evasi0n package), and installed ultrasn0w, and even the fixer, but the problem is that it still locked, and cant connect to my carrier,

could anyone help me please?

thanks in advice

garocarp said:
Hi, Ive got a jailbroken 3GS, OS 6.1 (10B141) and modem firmware 06.15.00, it is untethered (ive installed the evasi0n package), and installed ultrasn0w, and even the fixer, but the problem is that it still locked, and cant connect to my carrier,

could anyone help me please?

thanks in advice

Jailbreaking your phone and unlocking it are completely separate from each other. Jailbreaking won't unlock your phone. You either have to ask the original carrier to unlock the phone, use an unlocking service like the Gevey SIM by Applenberry, or use ultrasn0w to unlock your phone. If you go to their website, you can check if your phone can be unlocked. http://www.redmondpie.com/unlock-ios-6-on-iphone-4-and-iphone-3gs-using-ultrasn0w-fixer/

scifan57, iPhone Forums Moderator

Last edited:
Make sure that the UltraSn0w FIxer matches the iOS that's currently on your device.

Thank you guys, i jailbroke it with redsnow and downgraded the baseband, then made it untethered by installing the evasion package from cydia, and after that installed ultrasnow and taa'daam! its unlocked now...

cheers!