What's new

I've got a problem here... help?

blu422

Reaction score
So I jailbroke my 8gb iPod touch on 5.1 with redsn0w and it ended up being tethered which an untethered jailbreak would be nice but that's not the problem. It took forever on the moving apps stage and when it finally loaded several of my stock apps are gone. My music is still there but the app is gone etc. I think the problem was that I began the whole process with 0 bytes of free space and installing a application (cydia(which BTW isn't there either)) when there was no room made it freak out. How do I fix this. I didnt back up. I'd prefer to keep my music. Any help at all is much appreciated. Thanks!

4th gen I just opened redsnow and hit jailbreak and followed the instructions there

You're going to need at least 700MB+ prior to jailbreaking, as there will be deb packages that will be installed and there's a lot of indexing done on the initial launch. If your device is running on next to no available space, your device will crash constantly whether or not it's jailbroken, it will lag to the point where it's unbearable. Free up a gig of space and retry. Make sure you select the iOS 5.1 IPSW for the iPod Touch 4th Gen in Extras > Select IPSW prior to clicking Jailbreak

thanks a ton, how do i go about deleting music to make room for it without a music app to use to delete the music. in settings i can still see 600ish songs i just need to figure out how to delete some of them.

It's been a while since iOS 5, but I believe you should be able to delete media through the stock Music.app. Go to a song, slide to the left or right, and a delete button should come up.

That's the problem there is so stock music app

Nothing comes up. Individual songs only and when I click on them it says unsupported url

I used my stock music player app before now I cant play any songs :(

I didn't think you could delete individual songsfrom iiTunes

You can. Open up your device's profile (Summary or Info). At the bottom, tick "Manually manage music" and apply the changes. Then click on the Music branch of your device and you can freely delete and/or add music

Once I free up enough space will jailbreaking with the ipsw or whatever give me my music app back?