What's new

iphone jailbreak help!

curbio

Reaction score
HI guys,

so i'm trying to jailbreak an iphone 3gs.currently it has ios 5.1, so it cant be unthethered. I decided to upgrade it to ios 5.1.1 to jailbreak it with absinthe. However ive had a really hard time doing so. First I daonloaded the 5.1.1 ipsw. and did the shift thing. i got error 3194. Oh well i did some research, changed the hosts file. Same error code. Changed it to .icr. same error code. Change it back. Then i downloaded redsn0w. I made a custom ipsw and tried again. same error. I thetered jailbroke it ( i dont know why)then i came accross tiny umberella. I turned on that server and out the iphone in DFU then i attempted it again. Had more luck, butnot enough. I got error1601. so now im stuck :c i really need to do this jailbreak and its frustrating please help!!

Thanks
(sorry for my crappy spelling lol)

Unfortunately, it's not possible to update to iOS 5.1.1. Apple is no longer signing that version of iOS... thus why you're getting errors. Has you're 3GS been Jailbroke at any time previous to this attempt at Jailbreaking?

There is no other way to update,but thru iTunes ? If isn't be carefull you may end up restoring ur iPhone,that will update it to iOS 6 !