What's new

iTunes Keeps Opening

IrishiPhone

Reaction score
Since upgrading my iPhone 4 to iOS5, my iTunes on both my laptop and desktop PC keep opening automatically. I close them down and a few minutes later they open again. I've tried switching off iCloud on my iPhone but it still happens. I shouls point out, this is without connecting the phone by cable.

How can I stop this happening please?

Wireless backups are enabled whenever you plug in your phone or iPad, so iTunes opens.... There is a setting to disable this.

Wireless backups are enabled whenever you plug in your phone or iPad, so iTunes opens.... There is a setting to disable this.

Thanks for that. The thing is, I'm not plugging the phone in and this is happening automatically.

You need to plug it in, and go into iTunes and disable back up over Wifi. I had the same issue. Tell me if it works

You need to plug it in, and go into iTunes and disable back up over Wifi. I had the same issue. Tell me if it works

Tried this on the desktop. This PC is in my office and not on a wifi network so it hasn't worked. I'll try the laptop and home wifi when I get back there. Thanks.

I had the same issue. Disable WiFi backup and it was solved. A very annoying setting. You would think Apple could have engineered that a little better

Hi guys. I've tried what you have suggested but to no avail. It's still happening on the desktop, although laptop seems to have calmed down. This is what I'm seeing so as you can see, WiFi sync is already unchecked!

$iTunes.JPG

iOS 5 added wireless syncing now. You need to uncheck the first box, or else it will open when you have your iPhone plugged in...even just to charge. Go under Settings>General>iTunes Wifi Sync, to see this info. It shouldn't sync, since you don't have that setting checked, but it will probably still open iTunes.

Last edited: