What's new

ipsw file does not appear in the file download

purplecat6660

Reaction score
Can someone please help me as this is driving me mad!

I'm trying to break my iPhone 4 GSM iOS 6.1.3 however every time I download the file which is supposed to contain the firmware there is no .ipsw file in the zipped folder.

I have tried from many different link, have disabled my anti virus and selected show hidden files and folders to no avail...

Can someone please advise me?

Thanks

You're using a browser that doesn't recognize .IPSW as a standalone extension (such as Internet Explorer). If it comes out as a .zip file when you know it must be an IPSW, just change the extension from .zip to .ipsw. Or if you've deleted it, use a different browser such as Firefox, Safari, Chrome, etc. If you extract an IPSW, you get a bunch of DMG extension archives.

Yes it's downloads a zip file from IE however there is no file inside labelled iPhone3,1_6.0_10A403_Restore for me to change the extension. There are .dmg files however these are just a series of numbers so its not obvious what they are

Yes it's downloads a zip file from IE however there is no file inside labelled iPhone3,1_6.0_10A403_Restore for me to change the extension. There are .dmg files however these are just a series of numbers so its not obvious what they are

You change the file name of the .zip file to .ipsw. For example: change "iPhone3,1_6.0_10A403_Restore.zip" to "iPhone3,1_6.0_10A403_Restore.ipsw.

If you PC doesn't show the file extensions, you'll have to change the PC settings (as you can't rename what you can't access)...

Hope that clarifies.

Marilyn

Go to Start > Control Panel > Appearances and Personalization > Folder Options. Navigate to the "View" tab. Under Advanced Settings, look for the "Hide Extensions for Known Files Types" and untick the tickbox next to it, and press OK. You should now see the .ZIP extension in the file name.