What's new

Iphone4 Recovery Loop

D0GG3

Reaction score
Hello, I have an Iphone 4 which is fixed in the recovery loop (not the usual recovery mode.)

The only way that you can get it out of the "Loop" is to restore the iPhone4 in iTunes i have tried iTunes 9.2 and the newest, If
you have any other variation of the phone as 3G, 3G, and so on, they can use
iH8sn0w - iREB but it wont work for the Iphone4.

Anyway, now when I press the reset button in iTunes, I get error 3194.
To fix this i should add this: 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com
in the "Host" file located in c: \ windows \ system32 \ drivers \ etc \ "hosts"

But after I made it, I get error 1015, this error will go away only if you remove
that line i just added in "host" file, or have I misunderstood the whole thing?

Is the phone completely destroyed or are there any more ways to fix this?
Have tried RecBoot, it Does not work. Not tinyumbrella either.
And i just want to say that I have no Shsh blobs saved so the resort is not to think about.

I have Windows XP.
Mac computer is not available.
Need help! :'(

Sorry for my bad English.

Completely uninstall iTunes from your computer and restart it. Then download the latest version direct from the apple website.

Plug your phone in and select to restore it. If your get an error message then go to c\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts and open it with notepad. Don't add anything but remove the line that has gs.apple.com completely and save the file. Then try restore again...

Completely uninstall iTunes from your computer and restart it. Then download the latest version direct from the apple website.

Plug your phone in and select to restore it. If your get an error message then go to c\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts and open it with notepad. Don't add anything but remove the line that has gs.apple.com completely and save the file. Then try restore again...

have you red what i just typed?
i have done that.

Dosent work :(

Anyway, now when I press the reset button in iTunes, I get error 3194.
To fix this i should add this: 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com
in the "Host" file located in c: \ windows \ system32 \ drivers \ etc \ "hosts"

But after I made it, I get error 1015, this error will go away only if you remove
that line i just added in "host" file, or have I misunderstood the whole thing?

Did you read what I just typed? Don't add anything to the hosts file.

Trust me. Remove all versions of iTunes then make sure you restart your computer before downloading iTunes again from apple. Plug your phone in and hit restore...

I also had problems with my iphone4 when I got it, went home, and tried to update the OS. It didn't do it and when I tried to restore it would not restore.
I finally went to an Apple Store and they put on the new OS. I had originally synched it at home and when I went home I restored.
I will never upgrade the OS on my Windows computer. I recently upgraded on my son's Mac and it went fine.
There is something wrong using the Windows OS to upgrade the OS on the Iphone.
Apple will not support you on the Microsoft OS.

I've only ever had one problem when updating iOS. That was 4.2.1 after my phone got stuck in recovery. There was an easy fix...

I've only ever had one problem when updating iOS. That was 4.2.1 after my phone got stuck in recovery. There was an easy fix...

I returned it to App Store and they did not know what was wrong so I got a new one.:iphone4vert:

I also had problems with my iphone4 when I got it, went home, and tried to update the OS. It didn't do it and when I tried to restore it would not restore.
I finally went to an Apple Store and they put on the new OS. I had originally synched it at home and when I went home I restored.
I will never upgrade the OS on my Windows computer. I recently upgraded on my son's Mac and it went fine.
There is something wrong using the Windows OS to upgrade the OS on the Iphone.
Apple will not support you on the Microsoft OS.

Don't be so stupid. Of course Apple support Microsoft windows, they make iTunes for it you bloody fool do of course they have to support it.
There is not a problem using windows to do anything with your iPhone, just because some people had difficulty in knowing how to use their phone.
What stupid information to tell people.

I returned it to App Store and they did not know what was wrong so I got a new one.:iphone4vert:

Strange how apple didn't know but I found out after 10 seconds on google how to fix it. There's even a thread on here on how to do it...

Im not sure if you fixed your problem, or not, i had two phones that kept going into the Black Screen DFU Mode, and i read every forum out there and after finding no answer. I figured out how to fix it. Kinda Easily but you have to have your shsh saved in Cydia.

Let me know if you havent resolved the issue.

Hi my iphone 4 is stuck in recovery mode. This is how it happened:

I have jailbroken it and I was using firmware 4.2.1
i just heard about the release of ios5 so i tried updating my device but for some odd reason i would get an error while trying to back up and update via itunes. I decided to remove all settings and data from my device manually from setting on my Iphone and the next thing I know it is stuck in a recovery loop. Basically my phone gets stuck on the green poison logo. Kindly please help me fix my phone