What's new

Stuck in recovery

allstar16

Reaction score
I want to restore to 4.2.1 and I keep getting the 1013 error, ive updated the itunes to the latest. But I cant seem to get that 1013 error to go away. I tried editing the host file but i cant edit it because it says i do not have permission to save this file in this location, contact the administrator for permission. Im trying to delete 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com
#127.0.0.1 gs.apple.com, but i cant because i get the message above. And im running windows 7 and i have and iphone 4g on 4.2.1.. Please anyone i need to get out of this recovery screen or something

Why don't you have admin privileges on your own computer? Can you create a new user on the computer or have access to another one...?

Well thats the weird part, I only have this one account on my laptop and im set up as administrator, so then i should set up new account with those privilages again and then see what happens or you have another other advice

If your set up as administrator then you should be able to click allow when prompted. If not try creating an new user and install iTunes on that account...

well i made a new account, installed itunes, same old song again from my first post, any ideas

You will need to get that hosts file edited somehow or use another computer...

I don't know, but the newest tinyumbrella should kick an idevice out of recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know, but the newest tinyumbrella should kick an idevice out of recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my experience tinyumbrella struggles with the 1013 error. I must of tried it a few dozen times when I was getting that error. Just an endless loop...