What's new

iphone4 crashes constantly

jiggy1965

Reaction score
My iphone crashes constantly during 'heavy' apps like games. During gaming the screen freezes with this kind of image:
iphonefreeze.png

Then it reboots, or tries to, or reboots over and over again or on one occasion, completely froze my iphone. The screen turned black afterwards with the screen backlight slightly on. A hard reset didn't work by pressing the Home/Sleep buttons. Didn't respond to anything. All that was left to do is to completely let it run out of battery power. Which didn't take long as the backlight of the screen was slightly on. Then it had no choice but to really shut down. I then attached the cable to my computer, pressed the Home button and now it responded again, but of course with 0% battery power. While gaming it kept on freezing with about screen and gave me plenty of reboot screens. Luckily it didn't completely froze. I thought it was because of an game I recently bought but it also happened with older games.

I then restored my iphone. Reset my apps with icloud. During downloading and installing of my backup apps it kept on freezing with similar screens and rebooting. Took me a while to hard reset (that still worked) and finally all was downloaded and installed. Now it has worked for a while, which hopefully it keeps on doing.

But what could be causing my screen freezes and continuous reboots?

Not positive, but if the problem happened again, I would take it to an Apple store and make sure it's not some type of hardware issue.

Yes, if your iphone still now in the warranty time, then could send it to Apple store to check if the hardware's problem firstly, if not, then could find more suggestions or go to see the repair staff directly...

factory restore it and forget about restoring your backup files, that should solve your issue otherwise it's a hardware issue.

I've also been having major performance issues.

2 weeks ago went on a trip, uploaded and used a lot of apps. Luckily, when it crashed, it was after the important event I was attending. I had to restore it back to factory specs, the reload everything I luckily had backed up on my MacBook I brought, and ever since, it crashes, freezes, forgets, and can't connect at times. Think I might have a defective phone?

U have posted this twice. Once in another thread. Dont bump threads please

Sorry, I didn't know I shouldn't. I won't do it again :)
Can you delete it?

redbone79 said:
Sorry, I didn't know I shouldn't. I won't do it again :)
Can you delete it?

Don't restore from a backup. Really looks like a hardware problem but idk. Never seen that before.