What's new

Help......please!!!

Heatherscott

Reaction score
Newbie here who is being driven mad by her 4! It started freezing intermittently around 6 months ago but seemed to sort itself out after a reboot. It's now freezing almost constantly...I can navigate within an app/feature but have to
shut down completely and reboot every time I want to move back to main screen. Have had it into Apple store three times and they deleted FB, news apps and Skype and did reinstall..... Worked for couple of days and now back to
square 1. It's driving me mad, I have a virtually useless phone and can't upgrade until July. I'm on Orange/EE if that's at all relevant. Can anyone please help before I jump up and down on it!!

Newbie here who is being driven mad by her 4! It started freezing intermittently around 6 months ago but seemed to sort itself out after a reboot. It's now freezing almost constantly...I can navigate within an app/feature but have to
shut down completely and reboot every time I want to move back to main screen. Have had it into Apple store three times and they deleted FB, news apps and Skype and did reinstall..... Worked for couple of days and now back to
square 1. It's driving me mad, I have a virtually useless phone and can't upgrade until July. I'm on Orange/EE if that's at all relevant. Can anyone please help before I jump up and down on it!!

Is your home button working? A malfunctioning home button would have similar symptoms.

Try this procedure and tell me if it works. If it does, it's likely the home button that's the culprit here.

Go to Settings>General>Accessibility>Assistive touch this will cause the virtual home button to appear in the upper left corner of the screen. Once it appears, you can drag it to any position along the edge of the screen. If you tap it, it expands and gives you a choice of four functions, one of which is the virtual home button. Tapping the virtual home button has exactly the same effect as clicking the real home button.

To turn off the virtual home button follow my steps again and turn off Assistive touch.

$image-4047263459.jpg

$image-948251483.jpg

$image-4056045115.jpg

scifan57, iPhone Forums Moderator

Have done as you suggested and phone is currently working.......woohoo!!! Will use it for a day to see how it goes and
let you know. Thanks so much.

Have done as you suggested and phone is currently working.......woohoo!!! Will use it for a day to see how it goes and
let you know. Thanks so much.

I guess it means that the problem was the home button, after all.