What's new

5s, latest ios update, several apps crashing the phone - HELP!

nycadam

Reaction score
Have a new 5s - quite happy with it overall until a few days ago. While in a few different applications the phone either freezes or reboots to the black background/white Apple as if I powered it off and restarted it. It has happened with Good Mobile Messaging, Action Movie and a few others. Yesterday while using Action Movie I had to Hard Reset the device SEVERAL times = home key and power key pressed simultaneously and finally stopped using that app as I understand hard resets are not good for the phone. I can stop using that app altogether, but right now I HAVE to use Good because that is my work email/calendar, etc by default. Not sure if it has to do with iOS, faulty hardware, etc. would tend to doubt it was a specific application becuase it happens with a few different apps - any help would be greatly appreciated…

I'm new to the 5S. Bought the phone with 7.0.3 out of the box and I've also been getting app crashes all the time. I haven't had any issues where a hard reset was needed yet. But what should I do to stop the apps from crashing?

I'm new to the 5S. Bought the phone with 7.0.3 out of the box and I've also been getting app crashes all the time. I haven't had any issues where a hard reset was needed yet. But what should I do to stop the apps from crashing?

I am trying to delete and reinstall those that crashed. I am hopeing this fixes it. Give it a whirl if all else fails?

One of the main issues/apps was/is Good Mobile Messaging. It did not appear to help as it crashed again after reinstall. Then last night an updated surfaced in the App store for it. I have not used it a lot since but will let you know as the week progresses as well as using the other apps that crashed. Stand by…

I'm asking the people I know who have 5Ss, and they say they are experiencing apps crashing also. Now I know the same applications did not crash at all on iPhone 5. Sigh...

No problem here I have gold 5S all apps work fine

One of the main issues/apps was/is Good Mobile Messaging. It did not appear to help as it crashed again after reinstall. Then last night an updated surfaced in the App store for it. I have not used it a lot since but will let you know as the week progresses as well as using the other apps that crashed. Stand by…
There are still a few apps that have not yet updated for the iOS 7 operating system. Those will have bugs and crashing issues. Good Mobile Messaging may be one of those. There's other messenger apps you can use. Maybe "Good" will update soon.

Good upsated 2 nights ago. All good but monitoring cautiously optimistic.

FYI - GOOD is corporate email, calendar, contacts Etc

There are still a few apps that have not yet updated for the iOS 7 operating system. Those will have bugs and crashing issues. Good Mobile Messaging may be one of those. There's other messenger apps you can use. Maybe "Good" will update soon.

Well this may be a problem, but that still does not explain why it force closes on the 5S and not the 5.