What's new

iPhone 5S Overheating

I had a bad apple charger that fried the logic ? Board that controls charging. I wasted days of my life trying to restore everything.
Similar symptoms to yours. Trade it in now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a bad apple charger that fried the logic ? Board that controls charging. I wasted days of my life trying to restore everything.
Similar symptoms to yours. Trade it in now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's possible. All my cords are Apple cords. And I tried using different ones to charge it. Same issues. And none of my other Apple products in my house have had issues. Maybe it was just the one time it fried something though. Either way my only options are to deal with it, upgrade and lose the unlimited data or buy a new one out of pocket. All 3 options suck. Just need to figure out which one sucks less for me.

I guess it comes down to how much you want to keep your unlimited data. AT&T has been making it harder and harder to keep that unlimited data plan.

I guess it comes down to how much you want to keep your unlimited data. AT&T has been making it harder and harder to keep that unlimited data plan.

I can still do it. Just requires signing up for Direct TV. But doesn't have internet here. So I'd need them and like Verizon internet just to get the unlimited. Prices work out about the same for Direct TV and Verizon Internet compared to me just having Verizon FIOS now. But that's just another bill to remember. Oh well guess I'll just win the lottery then it won't matter!!

Just an update

So I took the phone to an Apple Store. They ran diagnostics on it. The battery was at 68% capacity. They say if it's below 80% it's considered dead. The reason it was shot was actually 2 issues. First issue is they're good for 1000 cycles. Mine was 1400 cycles. Secondly the phones motherboard was pretty much fried. They said $80 to replace the battery but it would get fried too since the motherboard was on overload continuously. Or $280 to replace the phone. I opted to upgrade. So now I'm the proud owner of a 6S Plus 64GB. I decided to do the 18 month ATT program so I'll either own it after 18 months or can trade it after 12 months. So now I can upgrade every new iPhone if I choose. I lost my unlimited data but will probably do the Direct TV special which will give me unlimited data again at the 10GB price.

Just an update

So I took the phone to an Apple Store. They ran diagnostics on it. The battery was at 68% capacity. They say if it's below 80% it's considered dead. The reason it was shot was actually 2 issues. First issue is they're good for 1000 cycles. Mine was 1400 cycles. Secondly the phones motherboard was pretty much fried. They said $80 to replace the battery but it would get fried too since the motherboard was on overload continuously. Or $280 to replace the phone. I opted to upgrade. So now I'm the proud owner of a 6S Plus 64GB. I decided to do the 18 month ATT program so I'll either own it after 18 months or can trade it after 12 months. So now I can upgrade every new iPhone if I choose. I lost my unlimited data but will probably do the Direct TV special which will give me unlimited data again at the 10GB price.
Congratulations on your new iPhone! I'm glad you finally found out what was causing the problem with the old iPhone.