What's new

iPhone 5s crashing

scubafanatic

Reaction score
I've had jailbreaks for my last 2 iphones - the 4s and now the 5s. Both times, my iphone has always been prone to crashing. It will often times crash at least once every couple of hours. Not necessarily when I'm in any specific application. It'll just crash and then the phone goes into safe mode and then it'll ask me to respring and I'll do that. I find with a hard reset, it will delay the next time it crashes for a while.

I'm wondering if this is from a specific jailbreak app, or just a bad jailbreak or something like that. I tolerated this for a while, but now I'm getting annoyed with it, because sometimes I'll be about to take a picture and then it'll crash and it takes a couple mins to get it back up and ready while people are fidgeting.

How do I fix this?

Install AppInfo from Cydia (a free package) and export the list of packages and sources, then paste them here

Sent from my iPad using Tapa

Install AppInfo from Cydia (a free package) and export the list of packages and sources, then paste them here

Sent from my iPad using Tapa

Ok - I installed appinfo. I didn't see an app on my screen so I went to settings and found it there. I put my email to export, but don't see how to finish it so I can export it and paste here. Does it happen automatically or something?

Run AppInfo, then tap Packages > Action > Simple List, then email it to yourself. Then copy and paste the list here.

I hate to be a broken record. How do I run it? I can't find the app except in settings. And in settings trees nothing to click to run it.

It should be on your springboard. It's an independent app. If you don't see an icon on your springboard, re-install it.

I'm sorry. Where is my springboard? Is it in settings?

Springboard is your home screen, where you can slide left and right to see more pages of apps.

Don't see it there. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it twice.

Uninstall AppInfo, then hard reset the device. Simultaneously press and hold both the power and home buttons together until you see the Apple logo, then release both buttons. If you see your screen flash (screencapture), then you slightly mistimed it, just reattempt. Once it boots up again, install AppInfo again.

Uninstall AppInfo, then hard reset the device. Simultaneously press and hold both the power and home buttons together until you see the Apple logo, then release both buttons. If you see your screen flash (screencapture), then you slightly mistimed it, just reattempt. Once it boots up again, install AppInfo again.

Sources

http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com/

BigBoss
http://apt.thebigboss.org/repofiles/cydia/dists/stable

Cydia/Telesphoreo
http://apt.saurik.com/dists/ios/847.21

ModMyi.com
http://apt.modmyi.com/dists/stable

moyashi repository
Index of /apt

rpetrich repo
rpetri.ch repo

ZodTTD & MacCiti
http://cydia.zodttd.com/repo/cydia/dists/stable

Packages

Action Menu - 1.2.14
Activator - 1.8.4~beta13
adv-cmds - 119-5
AppInfo - 1.6.2
AppList - 1.5.8
APR (/usr/lib) - 1.3.3-2
APT 0.7 (apt-key) - 0.7.25.3-3
APT 0.7 Strict (lib) - 0.7.25.3-13
AttachmentEncryptor - 0.1
Barrel - 1.7.4.0-1
Base Structure - 1-4
BigBoss Icon Set - 1.0
Bourne-Again SHell - 4.0.17-13
bzip2 - 1.0.5-7
Core Utilities (/bin) - 8.12-7p
cURL - 7.33.0-8
Cycript - 0.9.501
Cydget - 0.9.4012
Cydia Installer - 1.1.12
Cydia Substrate - 0.9.5001
Cydia Translations - 1.1.12
Darwin Tools - 1-4
Debian Packager - 1.14.25-9
Debian Utilities - 3.3.3ubuntu1-1p
Diff Utilities - 2.8.1-6
evasi0n 7.x Untether - 0.3
FakeClockUp - 0.5-6
Find Utilities - 4.2.33-6
Flipswitch - 1.0.4~beta3
GNU Privacy Guard - 1.4.8-4
Goo.gl Shortener for Action Menu - 1.0-15
Gregorian - 0.2
grep - 2.5.4-3
gzip - 1.6-7
iOS 7 LockScreen Weather - 1.5
iOS Firmware - 7.0.4
iPhone Firmware (/sbin) - 0-1
libhide - 2.4.1-1
libstatusbar - 1:0.9.7.1.2
LiveWeatherIcon - 0.4
LZMA Utils - 4.32.7-4
Messages Customiser - 2.4.1
Messages+ - 7.5.1
Messages+ (iOS 7 Library) - 7.5.1
MyWi 7 - 7.06.01
MyWi 7.0 (iOS 7 Library) - 7.06.01
MyWi OnDemand - 7.06.01
New Curses - 5.7-13
NoSlowAnimations - 3.1-15
OpenSSL - 0.9.8y-10
PAM (Apple) - 32.1-3
PAM Modules - 36.1-4
pcre - 8.30-5p
Pebble Profiles - 1.0-10
PebbleSiri - 0.6-5
PebbleUUIDFix - 0.9-1
pincrush - 0.9.2-1
PreferenceLoader - 2.2.2
Profile Directory - 0-2
readline - 6.0-7
RocketBootstrap - 1.0.2
sed - 4.1.5-7
shell-cmds - 118-6
Smartwatch+ - 1.500.2
SMS Stats 2 - 1.0.2-1
SSLPatch - 1.0
Substrate Safe Mode - 0.9.4000
system-cmds - 433.4-12
Tape Archive - 1.19-8
UIKit Tools - 1.1.8
Virtual Home - 1.3-1
Widget Weather - 1.5-43
WinterBoard - 0.9.3915
Zeppelin - 2.0.2
Zeppelin Angry Birds logos - 0.3
Zeppelin MLB American League - 0.1
Zeppelin NFL Logos - 0.2-2

None of your tweaks seems to be an issue. The only things that I haven't personally tried out is Messages+ and MyWi7, but AFAIK, neither should be an issue for the crash.

If possible, in Settings > General > About > Diagnostics & Usage > Diagnostics & Usage Data, copy and paste the first 30 or so lines of crash logs that most closely resembles the time frame when you experience these crashes, and paste them into an individual pastebin of their own.

In case you don't know about Pastebin, it's a free site where you can host code online and link them. It will display the content in the format that you copied and pasted them. Most cases, when you copy and paste something from a pre-existing log into say Notepad, it will come out all jumboed up without the same formatting, Pastebin retains it so it's easier to read.

So for each crash log that coincides with the timeframe when your device crashes/goes into safe mode, copy and paste the first 30 or so lines into Pastebin, and link them here.

None of your tweaks seems to be an issue. The only things that I haven't personally tried out is Messages+ and MyWi7, but AFAIK, neither should be an issue for the crash.

If possible, in Settings > General > About > Diagnostics & Usage > Diagnostics & Usage Data, copy and paste the first 30 or so lines of crash logs that most closely resembles the time frame when you experience these crashes, and paste them into an individual pastebin of their own.

In case you don't know about Pastebin, it's a free site where you can host code online and link them. It will display the content in the format that you copied and pasted them. Most cases, when you copy and paste something from a pre-existing log into say Notepad, it will come out all jumboed up without the same formatting, Pastebin retains it so it's easier to read.

So for each crash log that coincides with the timeframe when your device crashes/goes into safe mode, copy and paste the first 30 or so lines into Pastebin, and link them here.

Here it is.

Incident Identifier: D6AE0DE9-2AAD-47FF-8F84-F8F4EBB1366E CrashReporter Key: - Pastebin.com

You have a kernel panic that's most likely not because of a software issue. If possible, restore afresh to 7.1.2 on your 5S strictly via DFU mode to 7.1.1 (it's still being signed at the time of this post) rather than 7.1.2.

If you need to backup your device, do so, but it will probably be a slightly lengthy process in restoring the backup because you're porting a 7.1.2 backup to 7.1.1, which Apple does not allow you to do because they do not support downgrades and backwards compatibility since some iOS aspects change from revision to revision that may render some data/directories useless.

After restoring to 7.1.1 afresh, rejailbreak using Pangu and see if the issue persists. If the issue still persists for whatever reason, bring it in to Apple for a free warranty replacement as your device is still within the 1-year time period.

You have a kernel panic that's most likely not because of a software issue. If possible, restore afresh to 7.1.2 on your 5S strictly via DFU mode to 7.1.1 (it's still being signed at the time of this post) rather than 7.1.2.

If you need to backup your device, do so, but it will probably be a slightly lengthy process in restoring the backup because you're porting a 7.1.2 backup to 7.1.1, which Apple does not allow you to do because they do not support downgrades and backwards compatibility since some iOS aspects change from revision to revision that may render some data/directories useless.

After restoring to 7.1.1 afresh, rejailbreak using Pangu and see if the issue persists. If the issue still persists for whatever reason, bring it in to Apple for a free warranty replacement as your device is still within the 1-year time period.

I'm on 7.0.4 I never upgraded to 7.1.1 or 7.1.2 because they weren't jailbroken until recently with Pangu. Just never bothered. Does that change your advice?