What's new

iPhone X camera goes out of focus and locks screen

Col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My iPhone X has developed an issue that when I go to take a photo the camera goes out of focus and freezes. Just wanted to see if any members have experienced this problem. Every thing else is perfect. Yes I have done a hard reset no I have not wiped the ph and reinstalled the iOS. The phone has the latest iOS installed.

Don’t laugh guys yes I some times need support. Lol. Your input is welcomed.

That‘s happening to mine as well, from time to time. I‘m force closing the Camera app when it freezes, and it‘s back to normal again.

My iPhone X has developed an issue that when I go to take a photo the camera goes out of focus and freezes. Just wanted to see if any members have experienced this problem. Every thing else is perfect. Yes I have done a hard reset no I have not wiped the ph and reinstalled the iOS. The phone has the latest iOS installed.

I think the issue is related to a recent iOS update. Is your iPhone on the latest iOS version?

I think the issue is related to a recent iOS update. Is your iPhone on the latest iOS version?
You could be right. It happened before iOS 11.3, in my case. I don’t remember seeing it again after updating to iOS 11.3.

11.3 latest installed. I am inclined to agree that the update caused it. I may do a full restore. In mean time I will check with Apple support and let you know the out come

I have the exact problem with my iPhone X. Drives me crazy. Of course it didn’t happen when I took it to the apppe shop. I also did hard reset but didn’t fix problem.

I have installed IOS 11.3 and it still does it.
It happened again on mine a few days ago, so it’s not over on mine either, but it doesn’t occur as often as before.
Try switching modes - from Photo to Square and back. This helped last time when my camera froze.

I was correct it is not just my phone. Frustrating when one wants to take a picture and suddenly it goes out of focus and freezes. I havnt done a full restore yet as still doing research. One point is I have a courier app that I use for deliveries that uses the camera to take Picts of the parcel when I deliver them and it works fine. I used the app 25 times yesterday no issues with camera Thanks to every one for input