What's new

iPhone X the best iPhone without a doubt!

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I received my iPhone X yesterday and I can honestly say without a doubt Apple nailed it with the design of the X. The form factor is extremely impressive. I knew it was smaller then the plus phones, but what I didn't realize was how close it is in size with the regular iPhone 6/7. Face ID has worked flawlessly and extremely fast when opening apps that require passwords. I've only shot a few photos but the camera quality is amazing. I hope to have time this weekend to take it outside and see what I can capture. The speed is incredible with apps running lightning quick. It's taken a bit of time to figure out all of the new gestures to replace the home button, but that's half the phone of a new device.

Good job Apple!

I must say I love my iPhone X BUT I miss the width of the 7 plus, I find that I have to read quite a lot of things in landscape mode to be able to increase the font, maybe its an age thing but hey ho :)

I also think the advertising was misleading about edge to edge screen, first you have the notch then you have the wide bezel, so NO it's NOT 'edge to edge' so why do they lie? They would sell just as many by being honest. I did know this when I bought it but that's not the point, they are playing with words!

As mentioned above the screen size they claim is also misleading as they have created a long narrow phone, they don't compare the actual total viewing area compared to their other phones, that did fool me but I'm getting over it as there are a lot of plus points.

Apart from that all seems well so far.

Last edited:
If you get right down to it, there can be no such thing as an edge to edge screen as you seem to define it. Any screen has to have some kind of bezel, no matter how thin. What Apple means by the term edge to edge is that there is no space between the edge of the screen and the bezel.

If you get right down to it, there can be no such thing as an edge to edge screen as you seem to define it. Any screen has to have some kind of bezel, no matter how thin. What Apple means by the term edge to edge is that there is no space between the edge of the screen and the bezel.
So what is the notch?????

Can you please tell me what you call the black area between the screen and the bezel?

Thanks!

Snap 2017-11-11 at 23.35.48, 669x1170.png

This Samsung is doing a better job in part at each side which I would call 'edge to edge' at the sides NOT what Apple claims!

galaxys8plus_grey_all.png

Last edited:
So what is the notch?????
There has to be someplace to put the front facing camera, earpiece speaker, proximity sensor, and ambient light sensor. This would be the case with any touch screen smart phone, not just iPhones.

With the Samsung Galaxy Edge, you only have the illusion that the screen goes right to the edge of the phone because of the way the screen curves at the sides.

Last edited:
There has to be someplace to put the front facing camera, earpiece speaker, proximity sensor, and ambient light sensor. This would be the case with any cell phone, not just iPhones.
Look I don't disagree, I love the phone, BUT it is NOT, I repeat NOT 'edge to edge' (even at the sides with no cameras or other gizmos to insert,) end of story!

The edge is the part along the sides, top and bottom that are not screen. The screen goes all the way to this edge on the X where on my other iPhones (and previous makes and models) have a bit of opaque material, (glass, aluminum, plastic etc.) between this edge and the end of the screen.

I was brushing my teeth and got a text and Face ID worked with a toothbrush hanging out of my mouth. I’m impressed.
Are you sure you weren't brushing them with your AirPods as they may be synced :)

Lol! I don’t have AirPods.[emoji12]
I thought it was safe to post because all you Americans would be fast asleep, its lunchtime here in London, I'm bored I may go outside and drop my iPhone 10 onto concrete to test if it's strong :)

I thought it was safe to post because all you Americans would be fast asleep, its lunchtime here in London, I'm bored I may go outside and drop my iPhone 10 onto concrete to test if it's strong :)
You could drop it into my hands instead.;)

Apple are just about to ring me to show me how to use the phone, its a free service if you buy one from them, anyone got any questions you want me to ask them?

Apple are just about to ring me to show me how to use the phone, its a free service if you buy one from them, anyone got any questions you want me to ask them?
Sorry about that, I forgot to post this and I had to join the session, you get 30mins and it went so quick, all we did was run over 'Notes' including the scanning option, having watched the videos that have been put up on this forum I think I am ahead of the game, anyway I have another session at 1.15pm UK time on Wed where we are going over Calenders (getting the best out of them) and Reminders, I have been using a 3rd part App for reminders so will be good to see what I could benefit from with the Apple one.

So any questions let me know and I will ask for you, I only have 30 mins again though :)

I have no idea how they expect you to set up a phone from new in 30mins and learn all about it via a web link it would be impossible!