What's new

Are you Unhappy with your X?

Scottysize

Reaction score
Notice: You have 14 days to return it!

I posted this in response to someone else who is having problems with their X and not happy with their purchase and thought, "This should be it's own thread."

Dear Early Adopters (Yes. If you bought an iPhone X, you are now an early adopter!),

What most people who bought the X are forgetting; it's a first generation device. Software and apps are not optimized for it. The way the phone works within the iOS is completely different. Swiping instead of a home button and Face ID are brand new for this phone only, and have not yet been perfected. Everything about this phone screams beta-ish, meaning, we (the early adopters) are testing the phone at our own expense. I read somewhere that Apple did not even plan on releasing this phone until 2018, but wanted a 10 year anniversary phone, so they released it early. Having said all that, it'll get better. Those people who are not usually "Early Adopters" though, will probably not be happy. While Apple released this phone, you need to understand, it is a first generation phone with completely different iOS functions never used before. There will be glitches and issues not found on the 6S, 7, or 8, as those have been out and developers, as well as Apple, have been able to optimize those phones. So, if you are not use to little bugs, glitches, or don't understand them on a $1000+ phone, I'd highly recommend that you wait until the 2018 version to upgrade by returning the current model and going back to your other device. Remember... this is a generation 1 device that was pushed early and will have issues. It won't be perfect.

Me personally? I am an early adopter and do understand that there will be little quirks along the way. I absolutely LOVE my X and I'm very happy that Apple released it and I don't have to wait another year for it. Being an early adopter, I over look little issues that someone else would amplify. Has my face ID not worked a time or two? Yup. Does the little trick of small swipe up and then back down stopped working after a face reject for me? Yup. Do some of my pictures turn out blurry? Yup. Do I notice the notch? Nope, but it's there. Do the black bars bother me? Kinda, but the app developers will fill them in eventually. Did I miss my 14 day window to return? You bet. I didn't even think about returning it. I LOVE my iPhone X and no one can ever have it... well, at least not until Apple produces a better version of it.

I went from a 7+ to the X. Why? Because I wear two hearing aids and use a otterbox defender clipped to my belt. My older iPhones were no problem but the 7+ was always in the way catching stuff etc. My X gives me the same screen real estate without being in the way.

I am quite impressed with the iPhone X and quite happy to have one :)...the build quality is great, the size is wonderful, face ID is pretty cool, I like the sound quality thru the speakers (calls and music) - overall pleased with the phone. I can safely say that I haven't had one instance where I've regretted purchasing the X.

I went from a 7+ to the X. Why? Because I wear two hearing aids and use a otterbox defender clipped to my belt. My older iPhones were no problem but the 7+ was always in the way catching stuff etc. My X gives me the same screen real estate without being in the way.

Hi

I have had my X for a while now, yes it is a wonderful piece of technology, love the face recognition which speeds you through passwords, I also love the size it fits perfectly in my pocket, but I can't do a lot without having it in landscape mode, it is impossible for me to zoom in and read even this forum with such a narrow screen, I won't be having this for long it will be handed down to my daughter as soon as the X Plus comes out. I think I was spoiled with the gorgeous 7 plus screen, I would give up the OLED screen to have a proper sized screen. Getting used to the notch which will be less of a problem with a proper sized screen next year, I just feel totally deceived with the marketing of the X.

As I said putting the deceit aside and skinny useless screen, everything else is as perfect as I could wish for, well apart from a better battery which I understand will also be dealt with in 2018.

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, I will be in California in less than 2 weeks time for Christmas with a visit to Apples new HQ, Apple Park in Cupertino on my itinerary, as a dedicated follower of Apple and owner of about every item they have produced, I hope to get a few souvenirs from their visitor centre which I understand sells a few items that can only be bought there. I may see if I can have a word with their marketing team about their economy with the truth about the screen size, or even Jonathan Ive and explain how I feel about the skinny screen, its one part of the phone accessibility can't help with!