What's new

iPhone X Reviews

You are correct on the costs, silver 256, cases, glass and Apple Care and I'm in for over $1,500 [emoji33]
You should be so lucky, in the UK it is over $1,500 WITHOUT ANYTHING, AppleCare is ANOTHER $261 USD!!! Don't even ask about cases, I bought ten for different uses and moods, plus 3 wireless charging stands, NONE were Apple products as I refuse to pay the rip off prices for an Apple logo stamped on them, but still it cost a good few $.

You should be so lucky, in the UK it is over $1,500 WITHOUT ANYTHING, AppleCare is ANOTHER $261 USD!!! Don't even ask about cases, I bought ten for different uses and moods, plus 3 wireless charging stands, NONE were Apple products as I refuse to pay the rip off prices for an Apple logo stamped on them, but still it cost a good few $.
It depends on storage.
It starts at £999.

It depends on storage.
It starts at £999.
Well mine is a 256GB and cost £1,149, at $1.31USD to the £GBP = $1,507 USD

AppleCare is £199 = $261 USD

TOTAL = $1,768 USD for 256GB and AppleCare

Well mine is a 256GB and cost £1,149, at $1.31USD to the £GBP = $1,507 USD

AppleCare is £199 = $261 USD

TOTAL = $1,768 USD for 256GB and AppleCare
Yes I realise that.

At 5:50 the video talks about the notch, so I am exactly right in the point I was making about watching films and wishing for a bigger screen. As it states the size you see without the notch (double tapping is in fact the iPhone 8 size. What can't Apple just be honest about this and stop misleading people?

At 5:50 the video talks about the notch, so I am exactly right in the point I was making about watching films and wishing for a bigger screen. As it states the size you see without the notch (double tapping is in fact the iPhone 8 size. What can't Apple just be honest about this and stop misleading people?
Apple is not misleading anyone. The screen size is exactly what they say it is. Not all of it is usable in all situations, though.

Not sure if this should be a separate post, but here goes...
I've been planning to get an iPhone X after the dust settles. I read lots of reviews and they seem to be split between "Great phone" and "piece of junk". So it's hard to decide which way to go. I'm inclined to go with you people that have actually bought one. For instance one reviewer says they are the most fragile phone ever built an another throws one off of a building. I've heard about "green lines " on the display.

Do you have reviews that you trust more than others?

I've been planning to get an iPhone X after the dust settles. I read lots of reviews and they seem to be split between "Great phone" and "piece of junk". So it's hard to decide which way to go. I'm inclined to go with you people that have actually bought one. For instance one reviewer says they are the most fragile phone ever built an another throws one off of a building. I've heard about "green lines " on the display.

I think it's like most phones..you will either love it or hate it and somewhere in between you wish it had additional features but comes down to each individual .. it's a glass back so I do think a case is needed to protect or Apple care is a smart choice .. I've not seen any reviews saying it's junk unless I'm on G+ and i have Android peeps bashing it..lol you always get that everywhere which is a shame bc both platforms have solid choices..
Have you spent time with one in store ? You always have that trying out window before you can return or exchange with most places charging for restocking fee ..

The iPhone 4 and 4S also had full glass backs and the reviews at the time were not continually harping on the fragility of the phones.
I think it's like most phones..you will either love it or hate it and somewhere in between you wish it had additional features but comes down to each individual .. it's a glass back so I do think a case is needed to protect or Apple care is a smart choice .. I've not seen any reviews saying it's junk unless I'm on G+ and i have Android peeps bashing it..lol you always get that everywhere which is a shame bc both platforms have solid choices..
Have you spent time with one in store ? You always have that trying out window before you can return or exchange with most places charging for restocking fee ..

Agreed ..but nowadays it's more popular to tear down phones with videos on scratch test and drops...
The only problem with those “tests” is that none of them are conducted in a scientific manner with proper controls, which render the results useless from an objective standard.

Apple is not misleading anyone. The screen size is exactly what they say it is. Not all of it is usable in all situations, though.
So do you call the notch screen, does it produce OLED? No, so then the measurement of the screen CANNOT and NEVER will be 5.8" as most people in the world. apart from Apple who make up their own rules, believe a screen to be an area that is totally viewable and functional AS A SCREEN IN WHOLE when the size is given.

Phone is super fast and great if you can make do with a small screen compared to a plus phone, also with a chunk out of it which Apple marketing people are making trendy, then go for it. I went for it because it was something different, I am getting used to the notch but was upset when watching Wonder woman I wasn't getting the whole experience because I had to double tap and minimise it to miss the notch, so in effect watching the film on an iPhone 8!!