What's new

iPhone X Reviews

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
some interesting reviews out there. all the tech reviewers such as soldierknowsbest and ijustine who got it so early and had the chance to review... they are lucky

I went in the store today just to look, no intention of buying as I have the 8 Plus.
It looks really nice and I love the the edge to edge screen.

Yes.....
The price was a factor too, another ÂŁ200 on top of the 8 was just too much :)

it's not cheap. you also have to think about the extras such as a case if you're going to buy one as well as the wireless charger if you want one and it adds up to so much.

This will be my first plus sized iPhone and the extras were too good to ignore imo such as the face recognition, but I have a feeling the lack of home button my be an annoying thing. Did you try it in the store?

it's not cheap. you also have to think about the extras such as a case if you're going to buy one as well as the wireless charger if you want one and it adds up to so much.

This will be my first plus sized iPhone and the extras were too good to ignore imo such as the face recognition, but I have a feeling the lack of home button my be an annoying thing. Did you try it in the store?
I had a little play with and the lack of the home button didn't seem to be a drawback so you might soon get used to it :)

I had a little play with and the lack of the home button didn't seem to be a drawback so you might soon get used to it :)

I think all models will eventually not have that home button. Hopefully in the next few years we will get true wireless charging as well so you can use the device as it charges

I think all models will eventually not have that home button. Hopefully in the next few years we will get true wireless charging as well so you can use the device as it charges
I'm looking at getting a wireless charger but I need to find out first if having a metal bumper on will be a problem.

You are correct on the costs, silver 256, cases, glass and Apple Care and I'm in for over $1,500 [emoji33]

Yes.....
The price was a factor too, another ÂŁ200 on top of the 8 was just too much :)
If you're happy with the design and feel of the 8, then you did the right thing. I always hated the size of the Plus and the 6,7,8 screen was just a bit small for me, so I got the X and love it. I do not miss the home button. I find it's actually easier to use now and makes more sense, but I can see how you'd rather have a button. The internals are about the same and the speediness is about the same. I carried an 8 I bought for my mom for the past month or so and the 8 is just as responsive as the 10. So it's basically the same phone with the 8 as far as responsiveness. If you're happy, stick with the 8 and save your money.

I wasn't happy, but I am now. I LOVE this phone!

I have an 8 Plus and I am trying my best not to pull the trigger on the X. Being an Apple Fangirl... I might just get it, but the 1k price is what’s keeping me with the 8 plus.
I think the X screen is brighter. In fact, I have it against all my apple devices and it stands out.
I love the fact that it’s smaller with a bigger screen, but it’s not all perfect with that.

The apps are designed for your 8 and look better and probably are bigger on your 8 Plus than my X. The app designers that are still current will fix this, but if you use older not well supported apps, they’ll never fill in the gap.

So, while the X screen is bigger, some apps are actually smaller. I noticed Hulu has big bars on top and bottom and I couldn’t zoom in with that app. I can zoom in with Netflix.

Also, the X is the heaviest phone I’ve ever held. While it’s small, it’s very solid and I get tired of holding it at night in bed.

So for me the X is the phone I want and I am very happy with it. However, it’s not perfect.