What's new

iPhone Unlocking Guide for Beginners

Updated to include Gevey Ultra S supporting the 3.00.04 Baseband (iOS 6.0 & 6.0.1) on the 4S.

Baseband 04.10.01 can be unlocked on iOS 5.1.1 or below with the Gevey SIM or any interposer. Your other alternative is an IMEI unlock.

Added iOS compatibility, added the newer basebands as well as the Gevey Ultra CDMA SIM for CDMA iPhone 4S support. Also added in the description that there is a need for the UltraSn0w Fixer for iOS 6 for iOS 6 devices using UltraSn0w.

i have baseband 04.12.05. what the solution?.....

wil i be able to update my iphone4 6.1 after unlocking
i lyk 6.1 very much dats yy
i have iphone4 6.1 base band 04.12.05. conditions is locked, how you make your iphone4 unlocked?....
thanks for info...

i have iphone4 6.1 base band 04.12.05. conditions is locked, how you make your iphone4 unlocked?....
thanks for info...
Options... requesting an unlock from the iPhone's original wireless provider or purchasing an IMEI unlock from the Internet.

Finished the last bit of testing for the Gevey Ultra S. Confirmed support for iOS 6.1.2 and below on all basebands.

I got mine IMEI unlocked through a fellow here. I don't have access to t mobile micro sim. Is there any oter way to confirm?

I got mine IMEI unlocked through a fellow here. I don't have access to t mobile micro sim. Is there any oter way to confirm?

Go to a local T-Mobile store and buy one. If you're planning on using their service, they'll most likely give it to you free. Otherwise, use a SIM cutter.

So based on first post, there's no way to unlock the iphone5 as of yet, other than factory unlock? Is that correct?

I'm trying to help a friend who bought a 5s from Neb. Furn. Mart off-contract for AT&T, doesn't have AT&T & wants to carrier unlock the phone to use in Brazil. He knows the LTE won't work, but the phone will on slower data & calls, etc.

AT&T won't unlock because he's not a customer. I'm trying to help because his English isn't that great. I have no idea what iOS version he's on, but can find out.

If I understand, if he's on 6.0-6.1 he can jailbreak & then unlock? Otherwise, he's out of luck until a jailbreak becomes available?

Thanks for help.

Software unlocks are only valid on the iPhone 3G and 3GS on a wide scale, and limited to strictly the 4 on the 01.59.00 baseband. No other devices are susceptible to a software unlock.

SAM is only unlockable on devices that uses the exploit SIM on only that exploited device. The 5 and above were sold after it was patched.

Short response: only way to unlock if carrier rejects is from an interposer. No ways to bypass, cheat, hack, etc this

Sent from my iPhone via Tapa