What's new

iPhone newbie is new to the community and just bought his first iPhone!

Querke

Reaction score
Hey, I'm from Norway. I'm new to the forum, and want some newbie help ;)

Bought iPhone 4g from a dude who bought 2x in the US.
He sold me one for 5000 norwegian kroners, (820 us dollars) but it is locked to A&AT.
My questions:
1; Can I unlock it easily when the jailbreak releases (haven't done it before)
2; Will I have any probs. updating and do other legit apple stuff on my iPhone after it is jailbreak'ed. ?
3; Is this a rather nice price for me in Norway?
4; I got a normally sized sim-card, and people is offering me to proffessionally cut the card so it fits like a micro-card... Will it actually work correctly that way?
5; More questions to come

Btw, I posted the same topic twice, but I felt it was suited more in this treadh

According to the latest news, the iPhone 4 will be sold in Norway in a few days. I think you should return that phone and get it from your local cell phone carrier.

According to the latest news, the iPhone 4 will be sold in Norway in a few days. I think you should return that phone and get it from your local cell phone carrier.

Yea, that's going to be a real pain in the butt to ever get it to work properly.

I agree You paid big $ for a phone that will be a hassle to get working. Return it and go with one from your carrier.

Aight, thanks guys! Nice help from a nice community there! :)

wow some one ripped you off. and there is no unlock for the iphone 4 yet, but there will be..

your first lesson or advise i would like to give you is NEVER buy locked iphones.. you end up waiting forever to upgrade firmware because you need an unlock and holding off baseband upgrades..etc

but with this new law passed they say its ok to unlock? i dunno but imo it was a bad move to buy it locked. here in the uk we have it unlocked 32GB for 600.. not sure how much that is in your money

Last edited:
Ah, 600 pounds is the same as the rpice in norway unlocked. But I tell you what, the deals off. I sent the phone back, and I haven't even sent him the money. So, that's sooo nice for me.
It's releasing in 2 days in Norway, so it was a good game for me.
Going for the 16gb version, I ain't downloading 100 movies on my iphone anyways.

So thanks for the help guys!

good move :) if 16GB is enough for you thats good..less money you have to spend . good luck getting one, hope the rush is not to bad

Hmm, was hundreds of people sleeping outside the stores when 3GS released :( But I will get mine! Rawr :)