What's new

iPhone 6 Plus Exchange Appointment Issues

SomeDudeOnline

Reaction score
I work in an IT Service Center and I have a customer who has an iPhone Plus. She has Exchange set up on her phone to sync with her Outlook account which works fine except for Calendar additions from her phone. When she adds an event to her calendar it shows up on her phone but disappears after about 30 seconds (probably when it syncs). The event never actually syncs with her Outlook and the creation was a waste of time.

I was just brought onto this ticket but apparently it's been going on for a year. The problem originally occurred on an older iPhone running on iOS 7.1 and now it's on iOS 8 with the new phone. Her exchange account has been removed and re-added several times in an attempt to fix this issue but obviously the issue hasn't been resolved. I plan to disable the iCloud calendars that are currently running on it but the customer doesn't often answer her phone or show up for scheduled meetings. So, if anyone knows of any possible solutions I could try, please post them here and I will try them all once I meet with her and post the solution that worked (if one works).

Has the customer ever established an iCloud account and is it turned on?

Has the customer ever established an iCloud account and is it turned on?
I don't know if she actually created one but they do have iCloud sync for the calendar enabled and if they do have an account they don't use it. The first step I plan to try when I finally get ahold of her again is to disable this and restart the phone. But if you have any other suggestions please let me know so I can try them all when i get ahold of her again.

I found this on a Google search.

1. Is iCloud your "default" calendar? You can check by going to Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendars and then scrolling down to the "Calendars" section. It will be displayed next to "Default Calendar".
2. Now go to Settings - iCloud and make sure the green background is showing next to "Calendars".
3. Initiate the native Calendar app (I'm assuming that's what you're using) and then tap on "Calendars" at the bottom center of the screen.
4. Tap on "Show All Calendars" as well as "All iCloud" then make sure a checkmark is next to all of them.
5. Select "Done" in the upper right corner.
6. Check the calendar events to see if your entries will display.
7. Login to the iCloud website via a computer to see if the entries are present in the online calendar.

Those instructions seem to be for users who want to use iCloud calendar. My customer wants to use the exchange account to sync with her outlook on her PC rather than her iCloud calendar.

Well, as her setting may be the problem, checking, especially #4 might be helpful
And certainly couldn't hurt.

I'm pretty sure the configuration in those steps is the way she's currently set up and my first guess is that #4 is the problem. I'll be sure to double check those steps when I do get ahold of her though. Thanks for your input :)

I was able to check her settings the other day. She was set up properly for iCloud and of course it wasn't working. So, I disabled iCloud calendars and that yielded no success. Then I signed her out of iCloud, removed the exchange account and added the exchange account back to the phone. This changed the issue, now she creates an event, it stays, but disappears when a new event is created. Signing her back into iCloud didn't revert the problem back to its original state. So currently, the problem is that she creates an event in the exchange calendar and when a new event is created after the first, the first disappears.