What's new

Iphone 5 scratches

angeliq

Reaction score
Lot of people complain on GSMArena about scratches. Is it that bad? I use 4s with qdos smoothie cover. Will that
Help? And, new 5s they are talking about..will the aluminium back remain?

I have no scratches but its been in a speck case since day 1.

iPhoneMommy
~Tech Obsessed Mom~
iPhone 5 - Black - 16GB

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

Tapatalk Yo! :)

The iPhone 5s should change physically because with the iPhone 4 when they made the 4s they didn't change the look of it so yeah.

NIRE said:
The iPhone 5s should change physically because with the iPhone 4 when they made the 4s they didn't change the look of it so yeah.

The 4s is actually bigger than the 4

32GB iPad 4 Retina/iPhone4s

Thomasjtsi said:
It's the black iPhone 5 w/ it's anodized coating that scratches easily.

Minutely! I think 2/10th of a millimeter. However, to the naked eye IT IS the same.

Still lol....found that out with a case when I upgraded

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

My iPhone 5 went straight into a case before I walked out of the store. It has never been bare backed since I bought it. So no scratches on mine! :)

meakerbmx said:
The white and silver doesn't scratch like the black does.

Actually, they scratch just as easily, except that the scratches on the metal parts aren't as noticeable. This is because, on the black iPhone 5, the metal is finished with an extremely thin anodized finish. Anything that scratches through this to the shiny metal underneath results in a highly visible defect.

Ok, but nothing happens to the phone's ability and features? It is scratched but still functional? I mean, if it is scratched it can still be used and it is only "damage" to the eyes, not the phone or it's functions?

angeliq said:
Ok, but nothing happens to the phone's ability and features? It is scratched but still functional? I mean, if it is scratched it can still be used and it is only "damage" to the eyes, not the phone or it's functions?

The only thing affected will be the resale value if you ever decide to sell it.

That's not my problem. When I upgrade I give my old phone to one of the family members. I'll put it in a case. Anyway, it's aluminium...can't rust. And it seems like speck candy shell is better case as per on this forum.

Never use a case since first iPhone and never have problem with scratches. I have white I5 and laying it on hard surface and no scratches.