What's new

new iphone 5 came scratched out of box

apex

Reaction score
Hi. I got my iphone 5 about a month ago. Soon after unsealing the cover and stuff while examining it under light, i noticed there is a circular scratch. It is shaped like a claw and it is clearly visible under light. I am surprised to see that my new iphone 5 that has been bought from Germany is scratched OOB. Is it possible to replace it under warrany? Does anyone have any similar scratches?

Hi. I got my iphone 5 about a month ago. Soon after unsealing the cover and stuff while examining it under light, i noticed there is a circular scratch. It is shaped like a claw and it is clearly visible under light. I am surprised to see that my new iphone 5 that has been bought from Germany is scratched OOB. Is it possible to replace it under warrany? Does anyone have any similar scratches?
We've seen many reports of iPhone 5's being replaced due to scratches in the anodized coating. However, these scratches were brought to the attention of Apple or their wireless provider within a very short period of time after opening. With yours being already a month old... honestly, it might be difficult to convince them that the scratches were there from the start.

yes i have to agree with that,it will be difficult if not impossible to prove.

Agreed. If you would have called the day you opened it then yes but it's too late now.

iPhoneMommy
~Tech Obsessed Mom~
iPhone 5 - Black - 16GB

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

Tapatalk Yo! :)