What's new

Went through about 8 new unlocked iPhone 5's at two apple stores..

LuckyTheDog

Reaction score
Guess what? They were all scuffed! Everytime the employee brought out a new iPhone, I would examine it and 100% of the time it would have some sort of defect! Has anyone experienced this? Maybe it's just a bad batch of iPhones this time around.. I'm thinking about waiting since $700 is a huge purchase and I'd rather have a perfect iPhone that will get scratches by me later than an defective iPhone. The Apple Stores, if the managers see me, will not let me purchase anymore iPhones. Should I go to Best Buy? I really would like to get an iPhone 5 but my hard earned money will NOT be wasted on a cosmetically defective one!

It's not that they won't let me. It's that they won't let me exchange anymore..

No offense but I don't think I'd let you either if you were exchanging them like that for one lil minor imperfection. It's a phone, it's gonna fall, scratch, get bumped, thrown by a 4yr old, put it a pocket with keys, etc. I cant imagine that "8" iPhones had imperfections, unless you are seriously over analyzing them. Just my $.02

No offense but I don't think I'd let you either if you were exchanging them like that for one lil minor imperfection. It's a phone, it's gonna fall, scratch, get bumped, thrown by a 4yr old, put it a pocket with keys, etc. I cant imagine that "8" iPhones had imperfections, unless you are seriously over analyzing them. Just my $.02

Agreed

Bazinga!

I find this thread totally unusual. When you buy the phone open the box before you leave the store. I have never heard of some one replacing that number of phones ever. If they declined to replace the phone that means the phone meets full quality for delivery. Going to another Apple sales retail out let will not resolve your problem.

I find this thread totally unusual. When you buy the phone open the box before you leave the store. I have never heard of some one replacing that number of phones ever. If they declined to replace the phone that means the phone meets full quality for delivery. Going to another Apple sales retail out let will not resolve your problem.

Agreed, in fact the salesman at AT&T inspected the phone for scratches etc before selling it to me. I'm sure at better retailers this is common.

I opened the box every time I came to return my phone. It was so bad to the point that I knew the next phone that I would open would have some sort of cosmetic defect on it.

But I've learned to accept it now even though it is a $700 item. It's just outrageous that all of these phones have something on them!

It is a high priced item though of course. Just not in my nature to accept damage on the new iPhone right out of the box but I will accept damage from things under my supervision!

Last edited:
Last ninth iPhone..

It was flawless..

Amazing.

I'm in tears.