What's new

***OFFICIAL*** Received your new iphone 5? tell us about it here!

Hmm.. That's an interesting thought. I wonder if Apple computers would charge iPhones faster across the board, seeing as they're both Apple products.

I'm currently running Windows 7 myself. I just can't seem to make that change with my computer as of yet. Maybe one day when my computer finally decides to cark it (god forbid that should be anytime soon though), I'll look into getting an Apple computer.
and when you do make that change you will never go back.

and when you do make that change you will never go back.

Haha that'll probably be spot on. The same happened with changing to an iPhone haha. I immediately fell in love with my iPhone 3GS and the same happened once again when I upgraded to the iPhone 5. Right now, I just can't get enough of my new phone lol. :p

I have heard though that it's harder to work on Apple computers (i.e. removing viruses etc.) from an old friend who used to work on my computer if I ever encountered any troubles. Is this the case, do you know?

I just got my Iphone 5 yesterday. Surprising gift from the wife <seeing as how i have only had android devices for the past 3 years> but apparently she knows me best because i am truly loving it :) The smoothness of the ui ease of use and nothing is shutting down on me. love that it has LTE, it is blazing fast. now i need to dig through the litany of best case threads and choose one that is best for me <road construction does some damage to phones>
i am extremely happy with the camera imho it is the best takes pix so fast. i am happy to say i have Officially got the Iphone 5.

kack said:
I just got my Iphone 5 yesterday. Surprising gift from the wife <seeing as how i have only had android devices for the past 3 years> but apparently she knows me best because i am truly loving it :) The smoothness of the ui ease of use and nothing is shutting down on me. love that it has LTE, it is blazing fast. now i need to dig through the litany of best case threads and choose one that is best for me <road construction does some damage to phones>
i am extremely happy with the camera imho it is the best takes pix so fast. i am happy to say i have Officially got the Iphone 5.

Kack-congrats on your new iPhone! I also love the camera on the phone as well-much better than my previous droid phone, which always seemed grainy!

Enjoy and have fun finding a case, you'll certainly need it for your line of work! :)

Thanks. I was promised some otterbox cases for xmas but shipping was delayed but they will be here friday. also i ordered a bluetooth keyboard case with backlit keys. so im hoping that is nice because i come from the droid 1,2,3 and 4 series that had keyboards. so i hope that works.

Get my iPhone 5 white 32Gb on 14 Dec. Love when playing NFS most wanted and good picture quality. Using with otter box defender series. Upgrade from 3gs really lot of improvement.

I purchased my iphone 5 on thursday coming from an S3. I got one because my ladie has had one since launch and got tired of needed different chargers and all that hoopblah. I told myself a long time ago when i had an incredible 2 that when the iphone has a 4inch screen and LTE i would go for it. I didnt. Anywho....Ive been a long time android user since the first incredible and droid. Im a root'er and rom'er, good fun.
Day 1 I absolutely hated this phone. Its SUPER slow due to the animations!! I found every single shortcoming that i loved on android. It was locked up TIGHT. Plus I lost $150 of apps and games. I almost took it back, but i have a 14 day return period. Sooo i didnt take it back that day and get a note 2

Day 2 Discovered jailbreak and cydia. WOOT! This helped. 80% of the things i loved on android are now on my iphone. Animations turned almost off. Now im calming down.

Day 3 App store. Good stuff, alot of better apps. Alot of useful apps for me being in school. Urgh.....i have to repurchase everything.

Day 4 Cydia has worn off, Phones doing good(tweaked out). Im liking it, not for the locked up tight OS, but i like the form factor. The screen size is decent i guess...it works. The apps are great.

Day 5 Today. I think im going to keep it. I miss Android... But this phone is about the same after jail breaking. If it wasnt for jail breaking the phone would have been gone day 2 im sure. OIS to me, is very very very very very very very simplified(and android isnt exactly hard to use). You would have to be either very old or just an plain idiot to not be able to operate this phone. On the first day, this phone was TOO simplified. Now thats changed. I have little things for everything. Now i cant just sit back and enjoy my phone. Personally i now know not to ever purchase an iphone with out a jailbreak being available. ever.

I showed my girl the little tweaks and now i have to jailbreak her phone and give her the stuff that she also misses from android.

Still dont know....The Note 2 is just a beast of a phone in every way(yes i know its large). Its simply a mini PC. I will know by friday.

Hello i have question about new jailbreak i wondering what can you do with cydia is it possible to make network sim free with applications sam unlock i heard its blocked or is there any other way around as i heard all servers shut down by apple

primoz said:
Hello i have question about new jailbreak i wondering what can you do with cydia is it possible to make network sim free with applications sam unlock i heard its blocked or is there any other way around as i heard all servers shut down by apple

Jailbreaking has nothing to do with getting your phone unlocked.

I purchased my iphone 5 on thursday coming from an S3. I got one because my ladie has had one since launch and got tired of needed different chargers and all that hoopblah. I told myself a long time ago when i had an incredible 2 that when the iphone has a 4inch screen and LTE i would go for it. I didnt. Anywho....Ive been a long time android user since the first incredible and droid. Im a root'er and rom'er, good fun.
Day 1 I absolutely hated this phone. Its SUPER slow due to the animations!! I found every single shortcoming that i loved on android. It was locked up TIGHT. Plus I lost $150 of apps and games. I almost took it back, but i have a 14 day return period. Sooo i didnt take it back that day and get a note 2

Day 2 Discovered jailbreak and cydia. WOOT! This helped. 80% of the things i loved on android are now on my iphone. Animations turned almost off. Now im calming down.

Day 3 App store. Good stuff, alot of better apps. Alot of useful apps for me being in school. Urgh.....i have to repurchase everything.

Day 4 Cydia has worn off, Phones doing good(tweaked out). Im liking it, not for the locked up tight OS, but i like the form factor. The screen size is decent i guess...it works. The apps are great.

Day 5 Today. I think im going to keep it. I miss Android... But this phone is about the same after jail breaking. If it wasnt for jail breaking the phone would have been gone day 2 im sure. OIS to me, is very very very very very very very simplified(and android isnt exactly hard to use). You would have to be either very old or just an plain idiot to not be able to operate this phone. On the first day, this phone was TOO simplified. Now thats changed. I have little things for everything. Now i cant just sit back and enjoy my phone. Personally i now know not to ever purchase an iphone with out a jailbreak being available. ever.

I showed my girl the little tweaks and now i have to jailbreak her phone and give her the stuff that she also misses from android.

Still dont know....The Note 2 is just a beast of a phone in every way(yes i know its large). Its simply a mini PC. I will know by friday.

Lol sounds like me except I've been going back and forth between android devices and iPhones for the last 2 yrs. lol you're spot on about not being able to use iPhones without a jailbreak and also what the heck is it with android devices crappy charger cable/port it's horrible. Always needing new cables, can't move the phone while charging for fear it will take 5 min just to get it sitting the right way to charge.

Lol sounds like me except I've been going back and forth between android devices and iPhones for the last 2 yrs. lol you're spot on about not being able to use iPhones without a jailbreak and also what the heck is it with android devices crappy charger cable/port it's horrible. Always needing new cables, can't move the phone while charging for fear it will take 5 min just to get it sitting the right way to charge.

Yep, i like the lightning port ALOT more. now i dont have to feel the tip to make sure its facing the correct way before i plug it in. I had my Nexus for 13 months(and was content) and then the charging port broke. Then the cycle started......New phone time!

I miss android. I dont like the whole apple cult following thing that i see everyonce and a while. I see and understand the good and bad in both OS's now. If apple would sit down with google and make there OS compatible with somethings for android(some messaging things come to mind, facetime being compatible with google talk...ect..). i think we would benefit. Both android and apple people alike.

I just got my white iPhone 5 last week, and I am so thrilled with it! And, I have to say, I actually like Maps!

yes the white one is so sleek and sophisticated.