What's new

iPhone 4S batery life after 5.1 update

Actually this phone gets quit a bit of use. I talk to clients at all hours of the day and night. Sometimes as long as 90 min per call. I call Microsoft(no flameing) at least 2 times a day. So usage I gotta rate as above average.

Actually this phone gets quit a bit of use. I talk to clients at all hours of the day and night. Sometimes as long as 90 min per call. I call Microsoft(no flameing) at least 2 times a day. So usage I gotta rate as above average.
Calling isn't the main battery drain. But the good news is that for your usage patterns you're getting all the battery life you need. :)

Piano man ; you have those sys. Services settings by chance ? I just wanna see if I'm on a setting that could be draining. Thanks !

Bluetooth-off

Not in notification center:
Weather Widget
Twitter
Stock Widget
NYTimes
Game Center
Facebook
iPF.net
Mail

Screen Brightness at 100%
Ringer set to "Old Phone" Volume 100%
Vibrate is on.
Wifi on

In notification Center:
Phone
Calender

Location Services-On

However there are 10 email accounts that this iPhone has in the mail center.

I don't buy it tbh I have a 4S and yeah with 5.1 I noticed a change with better battery but I don't buy for 1 second your usage of your device with the above in mind is what you are saying to be true.

Sent from my  iPhone 4S using Tapatalk ☠

I was having issues with it to.

But I guess I just got a good one.

Prehaps it has a new style of battery who knows. I noticed at the beging of last week the battery wasent going down very fast. after watching it all through the week I wanted to see if anyone else notice prolonged battery life after the 5.1 update.

One things for sure I'm keeping this 4S.

Bluetooth-off

Not in notification center:
Weather Widget
Twitter
Stock Widget
NYTimes
Game Center
Facebook
iPF.net
Mail

Screen Brightness at 100%
Ringer set to "Old Phone" Volume 100%
Vibrate is on.
Wifi on

In notification Center:
Phone
Calender

Location Services-On
Joel, with the claims you're making you need to prove it with a screen shot. Do you know how to take a screen shot on your 4S?

Piano man ; you have those sys. Services settings by chance ? I just wanna see if I'm on a setting that could be draining. Thanks !
Make sure all buttons in the Location Services:System window are OFF except Traffic. The average iPhone user doesn't need any of them on unless you travel overseas a lot. And they are battery hogs.

Make sure all buttons in the Location Services:System window are OFF except Traffic. The average iPhone user doesn't need any of them on unless you travel overseas a lot. And they are battery hogs.

What does "Traffic" do? I always turn it off. The only things I keep on are:
"Call Network Search". That's it.

And why you guys get those phone to use it for calling only or to have the full experience of smart phones ?