What's new

iPhone 4s on the fritz a few days after iOS8 update

Wimmig

Reaction score
Okay, I tried searching the forums for a previous thread relating to my problem, I could not find one, so please forgive me if this has been asked and answered already.

Well, I had left my phone in my car last night. I woke up just recently, and went out to my car to get it. I bring it in, it is almost dead, so I plug it in and for some reason it will not charge. I tried 3 different USB cords, several different outlets, tried charging it on my laptop and my PS3. It would charge, but for moments at a time, it would charge, and then it wouldn't be charging, on and on making that noise when you plug it in and out.

So, I tried doing a shutdown by holding the power button. I did that, swiped the turn off bar, and it turned off. I put it on my coffee table to let it sit for a bit, and all of the sudden it turned on. I did not restart it. I shut it off. I turned it off again, and it turned back on by itself, again, after about a minute.

Then, the blue Voice Control came up, and would not let me exit out, the home button underneath the screen would not work. So I shut it down again. It turned itself back on, again. It seemed to be working right for a few minutes, I went into the new 'Tips' app to see what that was all about, and it wouldn't let me get back to the home screen, the home button still didn't work. Then the screen turned itself off and on, putting me in the 'lock screen' So I shut it off, and it turned itself on again. It started playing music and turning on the voice control thing again. Just over and over, and it would not let me turn the screen off. I would hit the button to turn the screen off, the screen would go off and less than a second later, would turn back on. So I turned up the brightness, and turned on the flashlight to let the battery drain. It did, it is now plugged into an outlet, says it is charging, but it will not let me turn it on. The only thing that shows up is the empty battery with a little red in it, meaning the battery isn't charged enough yet to turn it on (I'm sure you know)

So, my question is, is this a battery malfunction? Or is it possibly the new iOS? This is something I need answered ASAP, I am losing my job at the end of this month because the company I work for is going out of business, and I need my phone in case an employer calls to set up an interview. Please help! If you have any questions or need me to clear anything up, please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

That is why I do not want to upgrade.Sounds like it messes things up