What's new

iPhone 4S batery life after 5.1 update

seems like when everyone starts asking for a screen shot he just disappears for a few days then pops back up to avoid doing it. I do not believe him at all. I have had plenty of iphones from 3gs to 4s because I wheel and deal and sell them and not once have I ever heard of anything like this. There is no proof other then him saying hes going 1% a day... He knows how to take a screenshot.. anyone that knows about unlocking and jailbreaking a iphone (since his 3gs phones are on tmobile) should know all about these things. Hes a joke, this thread should get closed because its a waist of our times. I just waisted 10 minutes reading this thread.
Yup, in the forum world they're called "trolls". People who come to stir up dissent and make others feel like they got a raw deal. He's not getting the battery life he says he is. No one is. We just need to ignore a troll. That's how they go away eventually.

Norstadt said:
So basically the battery is still bad or what

Personally I find it better, at least 8%-13%

iPhone 4s 16gb

OP is blatant liar there is physically no way with the settings he has. 100% brightness? Going from 50% to 75% brightness decreases my usage time about 2 hours. This is a complete lie, and he completely ignores the multiple posts about requesting a screenshot. Just someone trying to get attention.

Im thinking I'm still on par with average after update ? Getting at least a day to two days of standby then basically no more than 5 1/2 usage

So basically the battery is still bad or what
Not "bad" per se - but the battery in A5 iphones is just "barely" up the to job of giving us a full smartphone experience. They will majorly redesign the battery for the iPhone 5. They'll have to. But even with the bugs fixed (and I believe they are all addressed in 5.1) this battery - with everything "necessary" for a full smartphone experience is only getting people about half of Apple's projected spec. And that's all we're going to get. Some less - some more depending on their usage habits.

Personally I find it better, at least 8%-13%

iPhone 4s 16gb
Yes. Agreed. This is what most people are reporting. My son too - who's not a jailbreaker like I am. He's at 5.1 and is reporting about 10% better battery time with same settings.

OP is blatant liar there is physically no way with the settings he has. 100% brightness? Going from 50% to 75% brightness decreases my usage time about 2 hours. This is a complete lie, and he completely ignores the multiple posts about requesting a screenshot. Just someone trying to get attention.
Again - just ignore him. Trolls only go away when their audience goes away. The moderators will step in if it goes on.

My battery life is better since I updated to 5.1. I have a 4s on ATT. I usually charge every night while I'm on the computer, and take it off when I go to bed. I typically go to sleep about 2-3am and then leave for work about 10:30a. Before 5.1, I would typically have 88-90% battery when I left, now I have 94-96% when I leave. I leave WiFi on all the time, I use the clock on my phone as my alarm, and I have Gmail push email, and I leave news and some game notifications on as well. Sometimes I will also update apps, I'll start the update then go to sleep. I would love not to have to charge it everyday, but I still do as I don't know what the day will bring. Sometimes I'm down to 60% when I charge, and sometimes I'm down to less than 20%, but I charge everyday whether I need it or not. I hope that's okay.