What's new

iPhone 4S batery life after 5.1 update

My batt life is much more significant and way better. I have no problems using the phone fully with apps and everything and it won't die. It's great on 5.1. This is the software update that actually did fix the battery. This is the battery life we All expected when getting the 4s. Finally they got it done.

I cant prove this, but I also believe there has been an improvement.

It was my understanding the it's how Maps gets it's info to report traffic to other users. I guess if everyone has it turned off, we might not get accurate traffic info, LOL!
:-0.. Interesting. This never crossed my mind - that location services is how 'the grid' FINDS "US" to report accurate traffic. I thought having that button on simply gave the USER the traffic reports in the maps software. I want that - so I kept it on. But what you're saying makes SO much more sense since ALL other LOCATION services functions are for some app finding US and OUR phones.. So I'll still keep it on so they can accurately find me and make the maps software more accurate.
I have had every one of my system services turned off since iOS 5 came out and have not noticed any difference in my phone's ability to perform correctly.
If they've always been off - how can you tell if there's any difference? You haven't done any comparison yet. ;-)
How would that not be good?
It's just nowhere near Apple's stated specs which are close to several days of standby and over 24 hours of use. I was regularly getting that with my 3GS and 4. Never with 4s.
5 hours is low should get a good 8-9
8-9 is even low. But I've reset the "expectation bar" with the 4s. It's just a battery hog. No matter which iOS 5 version we're using.
My batt life is much more significant and way better. I have no problems using the phone fully with apps and everything and it won't die. It's great on 5.1. This is the software update that actually did fix the battery. This is the battery life we All expected when getting the 4s. Finally they got it done.
Except it didn't fix it for everyone.. :-(. So 5.1 can't be the smoking gun either.

Last edited:
Apple always says they fixes battery drain.

I consider 6-8 hours normal.

If any iPhone gets more usage then that...then you are very lucky (as you can see...it happens...but no where near as often as its normal 6-8 hours usage)...and perhaps got a phone that was not as rushed to put together during manufacturing. Maybe.

I think that's why I have only ever seen 2 iPhone in my 2 years of playing with them that did not have a defect of some kinds.

It's almost impossible to find an iPhone that does. Not have some type of defect. It really is. And think its because FoxConn forces workers to throw iDevices together as fast as possible.

I agree. I think anything beyond 6-8 hours is great. People complain about not having a battery lasting long enough. You want all the bells and whistles and want it to last days. That won't happen soon. People just expect too much. Yes older cell phones may have lasted longer but they are not even close to what cell phones are nowadays.

I agree. I think anything beyond 6-8 hours is great. People complain about not having a battery lasting long enough. You want all the bells and whistles and want it to last days. That won't happen soon. People just expect too much. Yes older cell phones may have lasted longer but they are not even close to what cell phones are nowadays.

Droid Razr Maxx can do it.

If they've always been off - how can you tell if there's any difference? You haven't done any comparison yet. ;-)

Because they weren't off in 4.6 which I had before 5.0. :)

WOW! I gotta go to work for a few days and an observational post went nuts. 6 pages nuts.

Well after being out working I gotta say my iPhone battery life is still kickin crap. Got a little GPS runnign and still can't drag it down.

Like I said before maybe this one has a new battery. I don't know but I'm still doing better then 3 days between charges. Better than my old 4.Right now I got 89% battery and I took it off charge at 6am. It's now 9:15pm.

I hope everyone gets this great performance from their iPhone. Mines Rockin!

WOW! I gotta go to work for a few days and an observational post went nuts. 6 pages nuts.

Well after being out working I gotta say my iPhone battery life is still kickin crap. Got a little GPS runnign and still can't drag it down.

Like I said before maybe this one has a new battery. I don't know but I'm still doing better then 3 days between charges. Better than my old 4.Right now I got 89% battery and I took it off charge at 6am. It's now 9:15pm.

Put up a screen shot of this magical battery.

Joel we cant take your word for it. We need you to prove it. Do you know what "taking a screenshot" means?

Put up a screen shot of this magical battery.
seems like when everyone starts asking for a screen shot he just disappears for a few days then pops back up to avoid doing it. I do not believe him at all. I have had plenty of iphones from 3gs to 4s because I wheel and deal and sell them and not once have I ever heard of anything like this. There is no proof other then him saying hes going 1% a day... He knows how to take a screenshot.. anyone that knows about unlocking and jailbreaking a iphone (since his 3gs phones are on tmobile) should know all about these things. Hes a joke, this thread should get closed because its a waist of our times. I just waisted 10 minutes reading this thread.

That's how mines looking. :)

iPhone 4s 16gb

Attachments

• $image-353474752.jpg
    $image-353474752.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 403
I usually get a little more than a day with my phone ever since I got it in February. It's been the same with 5.1 as it was with 5.0.1.

$image-3348736192.jpg

$image-1682155123.jpg

iPhone 4S 16GB