What's new

iPhone 4S Apple Glow Mod

Whenever music is playing the point that you connect the wire to is activated so the light will be on. I'm sure this goes for YouTube as well.

How long do you think the light will last, when I sleep I
Have my phone charging. My only worry is that the light will burn out in a few weeks.

The light will last much longer than your phone, that's for sure. Even if used 8 hours a day, a standard LED will last over 25 years.

I recently purchased the glow mod and after 2 days of having it the back snapped in half when I put my phone down. If you are thinking of buying the glow mod be careful, the back cover is very fragile. Does anyone know if you can just buy a back cover without buying the whole mod?

Yes, be very careful if you use this mod(especially during installation). The replacement back piece that they give you is made from a much thinner glass than the stock iPhone case(because there needs to be room for the LED panel to sit on top of the battery). I have heard of several people breaking the glass during installation.

My glass is still in great condition, I use a bumper for my 4S. However, I am always especially careful with my phone.

You should try contacting K.O. Gadget to see if you can possibly buy just the glass, but I am sure the glass is the most expensive part anyway so it probably wont be any cheaper.

Yes, be very careful if you use this mod(especially during installation). The replacement back piece that they give you is made from a much thinner glass than the stock iPhone case(because there needs to be room for the LED panel to sit on top of the battery). I have heard of several people breaking the glass during installation.

My glass is still in great condition, I use a bumper for my 4S. However, I am always especially careful with my phone.

You should try contacting K.O. Gadget to see if you can possibly buy just the glass, but I am sure the glass is the most expensive part anyway so it probably wont be any cheaper.

Thanks 👍

I still have my 4s kit still doing research on a better connecting point. Also they sent me another back plate now having two. This kit looks really cool just not rushing to install.

I've gotten the light to turn on and all...but the light just doesn't shut off. At first, it'd shut off at 15 seconds or so but then turn right back on and repeat. Now, it just stays on, anyone else having this issue? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

I've gotten the light to turn on and all...but the light just doesn't shut off. At first, it'd shut off at 15 seconds or so but then turn right back on and repeat. Now, it just stays on, anyone else having this issue? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

The light stays on when the phone is charging or if music/video is playing. There is no way around that.

Sorry, I forgot to mention the situation. The light turns on, but I'm not listening to music, I'm not charging it, I'm not even using it actually. It just stays on and I can't get it to turn off less I take off the gold/orange wire. Does that give you a better idea of what's going on?

I understand what is going on, but I cannot tell you why. Are you sure you hooked up the 2 wires to the correct spots?

I can't say I'm 100% sure, but I do get the light to turn on, so I can't say I'm doing something wrong here. Just by looking at it and seeing how it works, it seems I did put it in the right place, but seeing how it doesn't turn off, it seems as if I didn't put it in the right place. I'm just kind of confused because I got it to work, yet it doesn't work.