What's new

Iphone 4 strip down

nobb1euk

Reaction score
Hello,
i had to strip down my Iphone 4 to replace the dock connector and screen after i had fell over whilst fly fishing in the river and got it wet. All went well except the home button now does not work, although it is clipped in properly, and the LCD screen i purchased flickered and filtered through white light at edges.. I took it apart again to install original screen to see if that flickered and recheck home button connection. As i took it apart i noticed a very small piece of shiny silver metal that i had not seen before. It is very tiny and looks like it wraps around something to facilitate a screw or alike. I have watched videos on line and looked at pics of all components stripped down but for the life of me don't know where it fits. If someone could help i would be very grateful. The original screen did not flicker so the so called OEM one will be going back. $River Mimram 072.jpg$River Mimram 074.jpg

Regards
Mark

that is very interesting. i would be afraid to take mine apart for fear that i would never get it back together again.

Found out where it goes now. It fits on the top back plate (black) that covers the elctrical connectors and locates on the plastic part. Thank god for that !!!!!!. If you ever do one be carefull as it may fall off. That and the rubber strip on the motherboard are the two main things to look for.