What's new

Iphone screen flickering but works fine

Chaahatg

Reaction score
So, my iphone got hung for some reason. The screen went all blank, white with a few lines in between and later so I tried everything, very button, nothing worked. I thought I'd let it drain aput all the battery and see. But it started heating up and the screen started getting darker around the edges, like the screen had sort of fused there? so i reset it by clicking the home and standby button together, which thankfully brought back the screen, however, the screen was flickering as has a sort of halo now at the corners. The flickering only stops when the brightness is zero. But then I can hardly see the the screen. PLEASE HELP MEEE!! It's a new phone I really need to fix it or I'm in deep EDIT

Moderator edit...removed profanity ! Please read the forum rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
And the reason I wrote new is cuz it's new for me. My brother have it to me as a second hand. :p sorry for the confusion

And the reason I wrote new is cuz it's new for me. My brother have it to me as a second hand. :p sorry for the confusion
Make sure your phone is backed up to iTunes and iCloud, then do a factory reset. That may not work, but worth a try. I'd take it to an Apple Store and let them look at it. It may be your only choice other than a new phone, if no one here can help.

Make sure your phone is backed up to iTunes and iCloud, then do a factory reset. That may not work, but worth a try. I'd take it to an Apple Store and let them look at it. It may be your only choice other than a new phone, if no one here can help.

If a reboot : Hold the top button and home button together until the apple logo does not work then either ask Apple at the Genius bar for an out of warranty replacement to which a fee will be charged or buy another iPhone.