What's new

Lost Signal After Phone Strip Down

r1convert

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I have replaced around 30 iPhone screens for my friend and family without any issue. Recently i have completed around 6 4s screens, when it came to replacing mine, yep, you've guessed it, something has gone wrong !!

I have lost signal on the phone, not all the time but unless im in a strong area, i get "No Service". I have checked the aerial connection below the 3.5mm jack socket and the connection slightly above the battery connection and these both seem fine. I have gone down to the 02 store today and got a new SIM CARD in case it was something unconnected and this hasnt sorted it either.

As far as i know there are only 2 aerial connections on the 4s (unless anyone can tell me otherwise), can anyone suggest what to try next ? As my screen is cracked (the replacement screen ribbon fell off during the fit so i had to reinstal the original :0[ )and it is still under warranty i may just take the unit back to apple and get them to replace it for a recon for the £140 they quoted but would like to get it sorted without having to do that.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated !

Cheers

Jon

Im sure since you had taken it apart your warrenty is voided... They will see that the screws have been tampered with and the warrenty sticker is probably removed.... When it comes to my personal phone i let the pros deal with it..

Sorry to hear this happened. I've done quite a few repairs myself and have just run into the same problem. I've been combing the net looking for a solution but just can't seem to figure it out.

I know this is an old thread but thought I would post in case up found a solution. Luckily it was for a friend who had a back up plan in place before the repair. I'm always sure to let everyone know the repair isn't guaranteed and it make other arrangements just in case.