What's new

Possible bad charge port??

Status
Not open for further replies.

c00ley02

Reaction score
First off I have a 4s with water damage....wouldn't turn on. I opened it up and cleaned the logic board and flex cable connections with isopropyl alcohol, ordered a new battery got it a week later due to the holidays, installed the new battery and it fired right up! I noticed something that I wasn't sure if it was normal or not, it did a short double vibrate right before the apple logo goes away and turns into the lock screen?? Normal or not can't remember? Anyhow everything seemed to work good as new, sound works, screen works, headphones work... Well the new battery only had 34% so I plugged it in to give it a full charge, it made the classic "bleep" it makes when connecting it to a charger, small battery icon in the top right corner had the lightning bolt in it indicating it was charging as did the lock screen have the large battery icon with green in it showing its current state. Sat it down and came back hour later and it's lost battery life! Confused at this point, I do a hard restart, no change in charging status, still losing battery life. Restore the phone through iTunes with same results.... So I guess my question is, can the charge port be bad even if it works to sync the phone? Or has something not replaceable went bad?

Just like powering off your iPhone, iPad, or iPod, it will fully turn off. Then when you go back to turn it on, the Apple logo appears, then it goes to lock screen. And I think that vibration was normal, nothing bad. Probably just clarifying it is on, or new hardware. I think the USB port is ok (the cord going from the wall charger to the product), but maybe it's the wall charger (thing plugged in). So try plugging it in at another plug outlet, or hook it up to your computer.

Ok, on the double vibrate thing. And yes I've tried multiple wall outlets, cords, chargers, and when hooked to a pc it works for restoring and syncing but no charging is occuring

Itunes recognizes it when plugged into a pc, I have sync'd it and restored it through the charge port, I just can't get it to charge. Is it possible that only part of the charge port got ruined from the water damage or is there another component that may have went bad?? Any help or thoughts would be much appreciated!!

Apparently no one likes to answer people's questions whom have low post numbers, just like every other forum!

I bet if I'd of asked a dumb question like "what color home button do you prefer?"
I would probably get hundreds of replys

Had a similar problem with a battery I would try another battery I have heard a lot of new batteries being bad

I've tried a few batteries with no success , the batteries will charge to full capacity in a different divice just not the one I'm experiencing problems with, also tried a new dock connector flex cable, no luck with that either. Other than the phone not taking on a charge it works great. Lost in what to do at this point......

I would install a new charge port on the phone. They are cheap under 10$ on eBay and easy to install. Good luck

Apparently no one likes to answer people's questions whom have low post numbers, just like every other forum!

I bet if I'd of asked a dumb question like "what color home button do you prefer?"
I would probably get hundreds of replys

c00ley02--that really isn't fair for you to post in that manner. Many members here are always willing to help if they can help you. They may not know the answer and therefore they won't reply.

Creating negative posts as you have just done may be a sure guarantee that you won't get any further replies.

Please, in the future...be respectful when posting.

Ski ~
iPadforums Moderator | iPhoneForums Moderator

Maybe in your eyes it isn't fair but I did get more replys by putting that comment out there then I did on my initial post. So in my eyes I'm winning. If I don't get an answer my life still moves forward, but that post got me a couple more eyes on my question.

Maybe in your eyes it isn't fair but I did get more replys by putting that comment out there then I did on my initial post. So in my eyes I'm winning. If I don't get an answer my life still moves forward, but that post got me a couple more eyes on my question.

If that is how you see it. Posting negatively may seem to move you forward, but is also considered disrespectful.

Please take a moment to review the forum rules: Forum Rules - iPhone Forum

With this-we will now close this thread. Thank you for your understanding.

Ski ~
iPadforums Moderator | iPhoneForums Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.