What's new

iPhone 8 not charging above 1%

dragonpro723

Reaction score
Hello. i have searced on the forum without the answers helping me. My problem is I have a iphone 8 with an unoriginal battery. I bought it from soemone as a repair phone. Now it connects to itunes and says its charging on itunes, however on the phpne it only makes the charging sound but no charging icon on the iphone.

so the iphone is stuck on 1%, I think its the battery. But the previous owner replaced the battery again without results.

what I have tried:

Electrical tape on the back of the battery connector

tried brushing the connection (no alcohol or so kust a toothbrush without anything)

tried hard reseting iphone and restoring it through dfu mode

I have also tried different chargers etc. Nothing wrong with my hargers.

i have 1 thing left to try and that is wireless charging if it works or not. If the wireless charging don’t work its the battery, RIGHT? Also ordered a new battery not apple ofc but oem standards and through a supplier I know with 100% quality guarantee. So my last things to try is wireless charging and new battery.

cuz the charging port works right? It does make sound and connects to itunes and powers on , just shuts down after a few minutes when using it, and then it can’t be the charging port?

please help :)

With my old iPhone6 i had a problem where the plug from the charger, would not connect without me wiggling it at the iPhones socket.
soon it just stopped excepting the plug, using another cable nothing changed.
Problem was socket on the iPhone, since it was really an old iPhone6 i just bought a new iPhone8Pluss.
And today use a wireless Samsung charger.

But i feel you'r problem is with the battery because it's not a real OEM Apple battery it's not being excepted.

Are you sure the battery is really that low? Since you can't remove it easily without taking phone apart checking battery is not an east task.

I wish you good luck is solving the problem.

With my old iPhone6 i had a problem where the plug from the charger, would not connect without me wiggling it at the iPhones socket.
soon it just stopped excepting the plug, using another cable nothing changed.
Problem was socket on the iPhone, since it was really an old iPhone6 i just bought a new iPhone8Pluss.
And today use a wireless Samsung charger.

But i feel you'r problem is with the battery because it's not a real OEM Apple battery it's not being excepted.

Are you sure the battery is really that low? Since you can't remove it easily without taking phone apart checking battery is not an east task.

I wish you good luck is solving the problem.
Yeah I suspect either battery, or the IC Chip. If it's that one I'll sell it if just battery well lucky then. Waiting for new battery in the mail

Okay I tried wirelss charging. Gives me same result. Shows charging on lockscreen, but not the charging icon. The phone is stuck on 1% without charging. So since it connects to iTunes and wireless dont charge or charging with cable its the battery then? It cannot be anything else then I think.

Yeah I suspect either battery, or the IC Chip. If it's that one I'll sell it if just battery well lucky then. Waiting for new battery in the mail
I know the feeling that i am losing my phone as i was, and they don't make wireless chargers for the older iPhones.
This is why today i bought two Sansung wireless chargers, i am not using a plug unless i have to.
Even today with the older iPhone8Plus your looking at a $700 dollar hit +tax .
And for some unknown reason Apple made me reset my password, and this is not a simple task trust me Apple wants to be sure it's you and this takes a lot of work.
Then every program and App you have needs the new password used, and sometimes they won't except the new passwords. Arrrrrr ouch ouch.

Myself i feel it's always best if you have an Apple product to always let Apple do the repair with their parts, so it just could be getting a real Apple OEM battery it might solve the problem.