What's new

When I put in charge, it connects by itself.

Dani_PT

Reaction score
Hello. when my iPhone 4S has no battery, I put in charge, but then my iPhone connects by itself, like when I click the power button to connect it. Strange, all other phones I had (not iPhone) kept off when charging, with the battery icon, to know when it has charged.

Then if I turn off the iPhone, there is no battery symbol, so I don't know when it's full charged :(

So, my question is, it is normal the iPhone connects by itself when I place it in charge? And also if it's normal to not have any kind of information when charging (turned off), when the battery if full charged?

(sorry if my english is a bit wrong :S).

Yes, its normal, iphone can be charged while is on and there is no difference from any other phone. Leave it on

I see, but you sure that is not bad for the battery? People who sell the phones (Nokia for exemple) they say to recharge it turned off so the battery can have more performance, if it recharges connected the battery last less time.

Last edited:
When you plug your iPhone into the charger if it doesn't show charging then something is wrong with your iPhone. It is completely normal for the phone to be on while charging. iPhones are not flip phones or some other phone that needs to be turned off while charging so the battery won't fully charge.

Ok, ty very much the the answers.

I still have 1 more question. When I connect my iPhone to my PC, it charges, is there a problem if it does not charge to 100%, or is best to let it get full battery?

You will be fine pulling it off the PC at any time.

You will be fine pulling it off the PC at any time.

To add on, the battery is designed to have 500 full cycles. There's a misconception among the younger folks that think it's 500 times as in you plugging and unplugging it in the same outlet 500 times. That's not entire good for the iPhone if you're unplugging and plugging it in one sitting that many times. But back on topic, say you charge your iPhone 10% each time you plug it in, that means you have to repeat that 9 more times to get a single full charge. So charging it to 100% or just charging it to 50% doesn't matter since the battery doesn't count by the amount of times you plug it in really if that's your question