What's new

ip 4s not charging

amran.mahmood

Reaction score
my ip 4s is not charging from 2,3 day..dosnot show even usb is connected--how ever when i put usb in ip for charging its charge my ph slowly,like in 2,3 hours charge battery only 10,15%(if ph is active with screen off)however if i off the ph completely it charges up to 60-70% in 1 hour...but doesn't show charging the ph ..what would be problem???

I don't really understand, but here is what I pulled out:

Your iPhone is not charging, and the problem occurred 2 to 3 days before. When plugged in, the iPhone does not detect the charger connected, but still, the battery percentage does rise very slowly when the iPhone is in Standby mode. However, when turned off, the iPhone does charge quickly, and normally, but when turned off, you can't see the battery percentage.

If this is what you are trying to say, then the problem might be the following:

- Power IC Chip
- Charging Circuitry
- Dock Flex cable
- Dock Connector
- Battery

Possible Solutions:

- You might want to reflow the solder under the chip, heat it up. Or, you have to unsolder the chip, get a new one, and resolder it back onto the board. I don't really know how to do that. (Very low experience in soldering)

- If this is the case, you possibly might need to get a new logic board. I have no idea how to fix this, and this is a problem with one of my iPhone 4S.

- You can get a new dock flex cable off eBay for about 4 bucks, and it is pretty simple to replace it, just follow the instructions found in some YouTube videos.

- If it is the dock connector, this also involves heavy soldering, which I would recommend a professional do this.

- if it is the battery, then just replace it, very simple to do, a guide on YouTube can help you.

These are only POSSIBLE problems, and solutions, you have to diagnose the problem, and see which one it is.

(If I am totally wrong, and if I am just being stupid, please tell me)

thanks for help....
i will check them all to solve the problem

I don't really understand, but here is what I pulled out:

Your iPhone is not charging, and the problem occurred 2 to 3 days before. When plugged in, the iPhone does not detect the charger connected, but still, the battery percentage does rise very slowly when the iPhone is in Standby mode. However, when turned off, the iPhone does charge quickly, and normally, but when turned off, you can't see the battery percentage.

If this is what you are trying to say, then the problem might be the following:

- Power IC Chip
- Charging Circuitry
- Dock Flex cable
- Dock Connector
- Battery

Possible Solutions:

- You might want to reflow the solder under the chip, heat it up. Or, you have to unsolder the chip, get a new one, and resolder it back onto the board. I don't really know how to do that. (Very low experience in soldering)

- If this is the case, you possibly might need to get a new logic board. I have no idea how to fix this, and this is a problem with one of my iPhone 4S.

- You can get a new dock flex cable off eBay for about 4 bucks, and it is pretty simple to replace it, just follow the instructions found in some YouTube videos.

- If it is the dock connector, this also involves heavy soldering, which I would recommend a professional do this.

- if it is the battery, then just replace it, very simple to do, a guide on YouTube can help you.

These are only POSSIBLE problems, and solutions, you have to diagnose the problem, and see which one it is.

(If I am totally wrong, and if I am just being stupid, please tell me)

some one told me if i manage to hARD reset the iph..it will be ok,.as there is problem in ios software,some files are corrupt...now help me how to restore my ph on factory setting..currently i can't reset in normal mode as iphone is blocked on apple logo and pc is not connecting to usb cable because of some files damage----

Attempt to place the device into DFU mode. DFU mode bypasses the conventional boot chain so you should be able to restore the device even if you can't in the normal state or in recovery mode.

Attempt to place the device into DFU mode. DFU mode bypasses the conventional boot chain so you should be able to restore the device even if you can't in the normal state or in recovery mode.

Make sure you iPhone is connected to the computer and turned off. If not, COONECT OT THE COMPUTER FIRST, THEN power it off.

Press and hold the power button for 3 seconds

Press and hold the home button without releasing the power button for 10 seconds

Release the power button, BUT KEEP pressing and home button for 15 more seconds. After that, open up iTunes and restore it.