What's new

iPhone 4S Apple Glow Mod

Jmills87

Reaction score
I originally posted this in the 4S forum but I figured the jailbreakers/tinkerers would enjoy it more :)

Well, I got my apple glow mod kit in the mail today from KOGadget. Installation was pretty easy(only took me about 15 minutes). Overall, I would give this mod a 4/5 stars. My only complaints are:

1. It took nearly a month and a half from the time I placed the order to the time I received the kit.
2. The LED panel they provide does not distribute light evenly so it doesn't look as professional as it could have.
3. One of the 2 screws that hold the backplate in place does not fit in the custom backplate they provided so I only have one screw in right now(waiting to hear back from them about this issue since I know I am not the first one to report it).
4. When my phone is charging, the light stays illuminated for the entire time it is charging. However, once I disconnect the USB cable the light shuts off after about 10-15 seconds after I lock the phone.

Anyway, here it is, my camera does not do it justice:

$402991_913707931812_199100639_38998188_843215245_n.jpg

Already caught a few people staring in public. Whenever someone asks me what kind of iPhone it is I always say it's a prototype iPhone5 and I'm not allowed to say anything more :p If they will send me a new backplate that fits both the screws I will be much happier(although you really only need the one screw for it to be held firmly in place).

Last edited:
No chance that you did a video of the install or watched a better video of the install than what was originally up, is there?

I followed this video tutorial from KO Gadget, pretty straight-forward although their English wasn't always the best :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I really want to do this. I'm just not sure about taking my phone apart lol. Looks great though.

You don't even need to take anything apart. All you do is take the back plate off(2 screws) and then you remove the EMI shield and tape the wire to the connecting point and put the case back on. It was easier and faster than replacing an LCD screen.

Yea, but I'm still just not sure when it comes to stuff like that. But it definately looks awesome. Do you have a linky as to where I could get one and prices?

Looks fantastic but stuff that for a game of soldiers lol. I can see it now, I would lose the the screws, snap the plastic bits n mess up the phone lol. To heavy handed

Does look awesome though mate

Last edited:
I originally posted this in the 4S forum but I figured the jailbreakers/tinkerers would enjoy it more :)

Well, I got my apple glow mod kit in the mail today from KOGadget. Installation was pretty easy(only took me about 15 minutes). Overall, I would give this mod a 4/5 stars. My only complaints are:

1. It took nearly a month and a half from the time I placed the order to the time I received the kit.
2. The LED panel they provide does not distribute light evenly so it doesn't look as professional as it could have.
3. One of the 2 screws that hold the backplate in place does not fit in the custom backplate they provided so I only have one screw in right now(waiting to hear back from them about this issue since I know I am not the first one to report it).
4. When my phone is charging, the light stays illuminated for the entire time it is charging. However, once I disconnect the USB cable the light shuts off after about 10-15 seconds after I lock the phone.

Anyway, here it is, my camera does not do it justice:

View attachment 4739

Already caught a few people staring in public. Whenever someone asks me what kind of iPhone it is I always say it's a prototype iPhone5 and I'm not allowed to say anything more :p If they will send me a new backplate that fits both the screws I will be much happier(although you really only need the one screw for it to be held firmly in place).

Just installed mine on the iPhone 4 and have the same problem with the light staying on when charging. Have you fixed this yet?

No, there is no way to fix it, that's just the way it works. I've also discovered that the light stays on while music is playing.

No, there is no way to fix it, that's just the way it works. I've also discovered that the light stays on while music is playing.

Music on the device as well as pandora etc with the phone off the charger?