What's new

Translucent iphone 5 mod kit

Frickinflip

Reaction score
Ok I know the title will make some of you throw up. But everybody has different taste. As for me coming from a cell phone background 13 years ago. When Nokia 5190's, 6190's were just as common as people with iPhones now. I worked for a small cell shop were we would modify the crap out of it. From led antenna's, led batteries, clear to different colors including glow in the dark housings (which was softer then an egg shell). Just seeing this mod reminded me of those days. I think it's pretty cool! And for the price I picked up a black (smoke) mod kit to modify my white since my local AT&T was out of black. Here's some pictures if no one has seen them yet. $image.jpg$image.jpg

Last edited:
Any other colors? Looks kinda cool. I had a flashing antennae and battery lol

Any other colors? Looks kinda cool. I had a flashing antennae and battery lol
Yeah they got clear, smoke (black), green, blue, yellow, and red (which almost looks like pink) the top and bottom are chagngeable try and check it out the site <MODERATOR EDIT; removed external link> they have a video that shows the colors.

I think you would have loved our shop back in the day! We would change out the stock led's to different colors. From white, blue, purple, hyper green, hyper amber, and mix the colors as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Frickinflip said:
Yeah they got clear, smoke (black), green, blue, yellow, and red (which almost looks like pink) the top and bottom are chagngeable try and check it out the site <MODERATOR EDIT; removed external link> they have a video that shows the colors.

I think you would have loved our shop back in the day! We would change out the stock led's to different colors. From white, blue, purple, hyper green, hyper amber, and mix the colors as well.

Please, no external links. Please read the forum rules.http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/f...um-rules-please-read-respect-our-rules-30950/

scifan57; iPhone Forums Moderator

Last edited:
As good as this product is, your warranty would be voided the instant you installed this case. You should be willing to accept that if you are thinking of ordering this product.

Scifan57, sorry about that it won't happen again. As for the install part I have did many iphone repairs. So I feel pretty confident on my skils. As for warranty I understand what will happen when I do open my iphone. So no worries. Mahalo! Scifan57

Last edited:
Frickinflip said:
Scifan57, sorry about that it won't happen again. As for the install part I have did many iphone repairs. So I feel pretty confident on my skils. As for warranty I understand what will happen when I do open my iphone. So no worries. Mahalo! Scifan57

I just wanted anyone thinking of buying this case to know that their warranty would be voided. If they still choose to buy and install this case, it's with the full understanding of the loss of warranty coverage.

I just recieved my kit this afternoon, after an hour of carefully tearing down and rebuilding my 5. Here's the finished product! The fitment is pretty close to stock and its a lot more lighter! I might change back to the metal volume and silent buttons just for the feel. But overall good buy and quality. I used the blue top and bottom but will change to different colors. As far as the interchangeable top and bottom it's pretty hard to change the bottom without dissemble. I'll take more pictures in the morning when there's better light.
$image.jpg$image.jpg

pretty cool. i like but not enough to void my warrenty. already on second 5 due to faulty lock button