What's new

IPHONE 5 MOTHERBOARD REPAIR

ron_102

Reaction score
basically i stupidly damaged the q3 chip on the motherboard of my iphone 5 when trying to pry out the battery.

This chip/group of chips are, to my knowledge associated with the funtioning of the home and power buttons on the phone.

I have another iphone 5 motherboard which is icloud locked, would it be an option to swap parts over? or am i just dreaming..

Is there anyone with knowledge of this repair and the associated soldering? Ive been quoted more than the phone is worth for this repair so, going to to give it a go myself as i have a mini soldering iron and the chip itself is quite cheap and i do think, with some guidance that i could complete this repair.. Its worth a shot anyhow!

I am finding it hard to find any advice/videos online about this repair. anyone have any insight for me please?

ALSO the phone had the issue of not being able to make calls. The signal bars were present but were not 'filled' if you know what i mean, as if the signal was very very very low or something. l replaced the bottom antenna but this made no difference. Any insights into this issue also? thank you in advance!! :)
For-iphone-5-5G-Q3-U3-DZ101-RF-IC-chip-replacement-replace-remove-battery-pry-damage.jpg_350x350.jpg

I'm afraid that there's no way to repair the motherboard, you'll have to buy a new one. You couldn't remove the chips from the damaged motherboard without destroying them.