What's new

iPhone 4 Sound Problems

modcons

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm having problems with the sound on my iphone4.

Basically I don't get any sound when using Apps or playing music without headphones.

However I still get sound when using headphones, my alarm goes off and phone rings.

Has anyone else had this problem or knows if it's an easy fix.

My phone is still under warranty so I will visit the apple store over the weekend but just wanted to know people's opinions first.

Thanks

Yeh first thing I checked! Lol

Yeah take it back to the store, but try a soft restore first to see if it helps. Power button and home button held down until the phone reboot displaying the white apple logo, then you release the buttons.

Had same problem. Called Verizon. They sent a code that fixed it without going to the store.

Had same problem. Called Verizon. They sent a code that fixed it without going to the store.

A code to fix the sound which won't come out of the speaker, but comes out when insert the headphone???

bab2010 said:
A code to fix the sound which won't come out of the speaker, but comes out when insert the headphone???

Yup.left spesker was dead and right speaker wa low and distorted.

bab2010 said:

Yup.left spesker was dead and right speaker wa low and distorted.

There was never ever ever left speaker on any iPhone ever existed on earth. So there is no such a code apple store will send you to enable left speaker to work. In fact, it's not even a speaker, it's a microphone at the left side and yes, a speaker at the right side.

Yes this has a left speaker. You can block the one on the right and the one on the left is loud (again). You can block the left one a d yhe right one is loud.

When this failed all sound stopped on the left. After Verizon sent a code the left spewker worked again and the right one was no longer distorted. So please, I am not a liar

heres a simple test to prove there is only 1 speaker, play something cover the "speaker" on the right side and the sounds gets muffled, now cover your left "speaker" guess what the sounds is not effected

Yes this has a left speaker. You can block the one on the right and the one on the left is loud (again). You can block the left one a d yhe right one is loud.

When this failed all sound stopped on the left. After Verizon sent a code the left spewker worked again and the right one was no longer distorted. So please, I am not a liar

If you are sure, prety sure about what you are saying :) then you are helping me to believe that you are having one of the fake iPhones in your hands, the fake one does have 2 speakers. And whatever it is, fake or original, there is no such a code apple will send you to repair or change the left mic into a speaker. Man stop kidding please.

Try to connect with itune and sync and leave it around 15minute and if doesnt work try to blow air like using the hair dryer to the earphone socket. Sound stupic but work fine for me .

Thanks for all the advice people but nothing has worked so far. Off to the apple store soon so will see what they say.