What's new

iPhone 4 Jailbreak

i have a huge problem!!!
my iphone 4 was jailbroken for t-mobile then i didn't know and upgraded to 4.0.2 and now i can't use it anymore. is there a way i can downgrade it or perhaps just jailbreak it again??? HELPPP what to do????

nope, you have to wait a little while like maybe a week or 2, because apple stopped signing the 4.0.1 firmware, so you cant downgrade. i said you might have to wait a couple of weeks because 4.1 comes out today (supposed to) and they said they had a jailbreak going for that one. so after the JB comes out just use ultrasnow again to unlock your phone

read from the developers to not update to 4.1 cause its a "trap".

is this true for the people that is already jailbroken only?

since i am on 4.0.2 and there is no jailbreak it, do i have anything to lose to update it to 4.1?

since i am on 4.0.2 and there is no jailbreak it, do i have anything to lose to update it to 4.1?

Please see my post here >> http://www.iphone4forum.net/forum/15835-post9.html

i don't really think your post answers his question. of course ppl who already use a jailbreak shouldn't update, but he has nothing to loose because there will definately not be a JB for 4.0.2., but there's the possibility of an upcoming JB for 4.1.
right?

i don't really think your post answers his question. of course ppl who already use a jailbreak shouldn't update, but he has nothing to loose because there will definately not be a JB for 4.0.2., but there's the possibility of an upcoming JB for 4.1.
right?

Well i gave my opinion, Its ultimatly up to you guys to do whatever you want.

right?

yup thats exactly what im saying. i understand that if i am jailbroken and not on 4.0.2 then no i wouldnt update it because i value the jailbreak. but im on 4.0.2 right now, and since i know there wont be a jailbreak for it, should i just update to 4.1 since there is going to be a jailbreak for it? is there any harm in that if im on 4.0.2 to update to 4.1?

thanks.

yup thats exactly what im saying. i understand that if i am jailbroken and not on 4.0.2 then no i wouldnt update it because i value the jailbreak. but im on 4.0.2 right now, and since i know there wont be a jailbreak for it, should i just update to 4.1 since there is going to be a jailbreak for it? is there any harm in that if im on 4.0.2 to update to 4.1?
thanks.

Simple answer as you do not need an unlock is no..... but the unritten rule is to wait.... Basically its up to you.

thanks.

Simple answer as you do not need an unlock is no..... but the unritten rule is to wait.... Basically its up to you.

Do you have any idea how long we will have to wait for a jailbreak if any for 4.1 also do you know when apple will stop signing ios 4.1?

Do you have any idea how long we will have to wait for a jailbreak if any for 4.1 also do you know when apple will stop signing ios 4.1?

My Crystal ball is broken so I dont know.... and 4.1 will stop being signed when 4.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1 or 4.2 comes out

can anybody tell me what a low-level bootroom exploit is? Every article i read says that the next JB cannot be fixed easily by apple because the dev team makes use of this bootroom exploit.

Does it have anything to do with something like a hardware jailbreak? thats what I read somewhere else. I hope I wont have to open my iphone to JB it...

can anybody tell me what a low-level bootroom exploit is? Every article i read says that the next JB cannot be fixed easily by apple because the dev team makes use of this bootroom exploit.

Does it have anything to do with something like a hardware jailbreak? thats what I read somewhere else. I hope I wont have to open my iphone to JB it...

Bootrom's job is to basically to power on the iOS.
and no u don't have to open up anything to jailbreak