What's new

iPhone 4 Case Review Thread

I got another Belkin Grip Vue since my clear one turned like a brown color but this one is the "Black Pearl color". I won it on ebay at a price of $9.00 so I bought it. I'm rocking the free apple bumper but when I get tired I'll swap it out...

Here it is, I can't seem to find ACTUAL pics of it anywhere online just the fake type of what it supposed to look like on the belkin website....

The real deal...
9963e611.jpg

6225f421.jpg

80c884e2.jpg

1009e534.jpg

Nice iPhone case. I am willing to buy one so looking forward to it.

im looking at the otterbox website, and most likely will be buying the commuter series case, but which one are yall getting?
Yup. I have given up on aluminum cases. In fact, I think I have given up entirely on attached cases. Am I making a mistake? The truth is, I just learned that there are no reception issues if you a) do not hold the iphone 4 in your left hand and b) if you don't grip it with "death grip" tenacity. The result?...The preservation of the absolute beauty of the iphone 4 that captured our attention in the first place. That being said, I do want SOME type of case to carry the phone around in. To this I think I've settled on a leather flip case design. 'Kind of treat the phone as I would a digital camera. That being said, does anyone have experience and/or suggestions? At the moment, my top two choices on Amazon are: the Tuff Luv Tuff Grip for $41.65 (w/S&H) and the XGear LLC for $31.79.

has anyone looked at or bought the Para Blaze case for iphone 4? looks nice just looking for reviews first. thanks

I have tried quite a few cases and the current one I have now is my favorite.Looks good,slim,and protects the back and all 4 sides.The volume and power buttons are easy to push and have a good feel.Its from SGP and is call the Neo Hybrid Matte.
IMG_1342.jpg
IMG_1341.jpg
IMG_1340.jpg
IMG_1339.jpg

Hi all I have the pdair V2 flip case it dose all my needs and is very well made it also keeps it slim in your pocket and you can always take it off at the week end the front moves side to side so I don't have to take the case off to put my phone on my belkin hands free kit that I use in my van.

I use 2 cases. My main is the Proporta alu-leather which is excellent. If I am going anywhere really dusty then I use the Otterbox Commuter. This has gr8 protection but is slightly less bulky than the Defender.

If I had more spare cash I would buy a case a week tho. There are so many nice ones out there and lets face it, it has become quite trendy to collect them lol!

@DannyBoy,

I dig your CF skin, and especially the clear CF weave vinyl on the sides. Could you tell me where you got it? I have no trouble finding vinyl CF skins, but I'm stumped about where to get the clear CF weave sides. Very cool look. Cheers.

Speck Candyshell.
Looks: Good, slightly fat but not too big.
Protection:Great, two layers, inside is silicone outside is hard plastic.
Quality:Quality is amazing doesn't feel cheap.
Flash Issues: None with the revised version!
Fit:Great fit, everything is well aligned and its has a seriously tight fit.
Cons: Scratches easily but can be easily removed with Maguire's Scratch X.( I am going to try displex)

I got the KarasKustoms machined iPhone4 case and I love it. People are always complimenting me on it and it really does look great! It doesn't add too much bulk and doesn't cover the aerial so no signal issues either :D

Well, I'm giving the Atomic Industries case one more shot. Unni sent me the latest composite "hybrid" case which consists of a larger, 3 sided component made of the composite material and the four side made of the 1st generation style aluminum piece (the one without the slots). At first I was a bit disappointed with the esthetics. The whole "wow factor" that originally brought me to Atomic was the 360 degrees of shiny aluminum. We all know about the reception issues with that, however. I went through the slotted versions with no success. However, when I put this new case on, not only were there NO issues, but it actually seems to IMPROVE reception. One thing is for sure, the FEEL of the case is just great. Solid, sealed and perfect. After one night and this morning on the the phone, I have come to actually appreciate the esthetics. Yes, the black matted piece is just that and not aluminum, but it isn't "rubber bumper looking", if you know what I mean? And the aluminum piece gives it the original shiny, classy look. And as I said, the case feels amazing, if a case can feel amazing. Add to the the carbon backing and you got one nice case. You pay for it, for sure. I think mine was sixty-odd dollars and lot headache getting there, but I am now more than satisfied.

glad they have looked after you i have the first and second gen and they useless

You should contact Unni and ask for a replacement in the hybrid. It really is a nice case and if you're just sitting on your two cases, that's a rough waste of dough! I know that he values the contributors to this site.

Help others out in the community by posting a quick review of the case you choose for your iPhone 4! Pictures, Videos, etc, the more the better!

I bought the Otterbox Defender and I love it. Three layers of protection (I use the hard outer shell as an easel for the phone and to cover the face if I toss it in a bag where it may get jostled. I also purchased a shield for the face of the phone. It looks like a mirror when the phone is off and is transparent when the phone is on. The shields came in a packet of three and they adhere to the phone without leaving any sticky residue. My phone is protected from bumps and scratches and I can check my lipstick before I say "Hello."