What's new

iPhone 4 battery issue

adriantheguitarist said:
@CP won't putting the phone in airplane stop location services too??? I'm pretty sure it will...

Maybe, not sure tbh but it will also stop incomning calls to ;).

CP

adriantheguitarist said:
Exactly... But he said that he doesn't get signal where he works at... So he's still not getting SMS or phone calls and I think that his battery is dying because his phone is trying to find/connect service... U get me???

Agreed, I find personally find in bad signal locations SMS will get through as soon as any signal is available, I get a text for a missed call as example.

Airplane mod us drastic but may suit, what I suggest is general advice and perhaps a little less restricting, he could use a USB lead and charge his phone off a convenient computer it printer, be a gaff keep going plan mode if he can

Nobody is wrong and o/p can make his own choice - I'm offering him that :).

CP

I am having a problem and issues with my Iphone4 a death grip to yellow screens. How will I resolve this problem?

I am having a problem and issues with my Iphone4 a death grip to yellow screens. How will I resolve this problem?

It happens all the time? Or depend on the area?

Interesting, will area make a difference to colour? Or is the phone having a 'comfort break' :).

On my ip4 I get the blue 'prefered network lost' flag but no changes in colour, can be a real pia when making notes as if you mobe the phone you often end up in settings :(.

I find using even a cheap bumber case greately reduces the issue, but ti me sem the op has a faulty phone

CP

Turning off location services in settings will aid battery life in poor signal areas.

Make sure satnav apps are not running

CP

I did this, along with turning off notification services and it's amazing at how much my battery life increased! Also turning off apps that are running will help as well! Don't lose heart!;)

Just to say, new batteries require a good long solid charge the first time, then several cycles to reach their full potential, takes about a week for them to become 'run in' so ti speak.

CP

I am using iphone 4 till 1 year and till now the battery is working perfectly. But now I am facing problem of deduction of battery loss. My whole business is depending upon phones so that I do not want the battery issued phone. So anyone having this solution then please post them here.

crowd pleaser said:
Just to say, new batteries require a good long solid charge the first time, then several cycles to reach their full potential, takes about a week for them to become 'run in' so ti speak.

CP

Thats for sure, did that firstly and now my iPhone 4 lives 8 days 16 hours stby time and 9 hours of usage, pretty decent battery life, isn't it.

crowd pleaser said:

CP

Thats for sure, did that firstly and now my iPhone 4 lives 8 days 16 hours stby time and 9 hours of usage, pretty decent battery life, isn't it.

Unless you switching OFF the phone most of the time, that is just impossible for the phone battery to survive 8 days with 9h of usage time and 16h of standby time. It should be: for 8 days = 9h of usage time + 183h of standby time. Hoo and for the stand by time to come to 183h it means that during those 9h of usage time you wasn't either on wifi or 3G, you talk really less on the phone since the talk time to drag the battery from 100 to 0% is 14h on 2G it means that you didn't play any video or games, and that your brightness is set to 10 or 20%
You understand very well that it's impossible, right?

Last edited: